spider shots

what we might have here is a good resource for noting members who have not read more than the title of a thread - possibly not even the first post!

Title is in a bit of poor taste - but lets not get things out of proportion people (its not like we are underinvasion of giant spiders or anything ;))

oh and whilst I am at it - nice spider shots! lighting seems a bit overpowering in some areas - and I am guessing that flash was used. Can't tell if it was a dark area or a lowkey shot in brighter lighting (when the flash might have cause overexposing on the whites when combined with the ambient lighting)

It was in the middle of the night, using two Sb800s off camera, so I might have overpowered it, but I was trying to get a good exposure.

yah it can be very tricky to get a good exposure with flash support at times - one thing I do is to use the preflash metering button on the camera - point at a white spot on the insect and preflash meter for that - then take the shot. That can help a lot with reducing the flash blowouts - BUT it can also lead to less overall lighting and thus a loss of details in other areas - a more complete lighting setup (like a ringflash, positional lights or more than one flash light source) can really help to even things out

Yeah, I thought I would be okay with 2 flashes, but next is a ring flash.

cat bumps up the creepy factor by at least 9000%

Thats a helpful comment.

Most reactions

Back