Spider, Spider

Graelwyn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2nd macro attempts...decided to take the chance to shoot my Chile Rose while she was being cleaned out. Alas, she did end up on a distracting couch material, but nevertheless, I am relatively pleased since I am so new to it.

IMG_0407forum.jpg

IMG_0426forum.jpg

IMG_0420forum.jpg

IMG_0428forum.jpg

i hate spiders.....but the last one is pretty cool what did you shoot wit

Very nice work there, I like the 3rd shot - really close up there! You have good sharpness, depth of field (barring the first, but many macro shots are like that when you go for such a shot - many people try photo stacking where you take a series of shots at different focusing points so that in the end you have several shots which each have the sharpness in a different area on the subject in question. Then manual (using a layer mask) or auto using a program they stitch the shots together to get a single one with a greater depth of field 0 course you have to keep the camera and subject perfectly still for this to work of course.) And good work on the lighting (Would I be right in thinking that the last was taken without flash?)
As you say the only real problem is the background being unnatural, but you have the skills there!

Used Canon 40D with Tokina f2.8 100mm macro. And yes, flash was not used in last one. In the others, it was just flash in a dimly lit room with a sheet of white paper held to the side of the spider.

do you ever get bit by the spider? that is why I wouldn't want to handle a spider, I hate little ones that you can't find and are really fast, I like to look at spiders when they are in a tank....no in my hand or on my back/bed!

I don't tend to take her out myself, but my ex does as he is used to them. She is very docile, the chile roses are generally, and has yet to bite.

Not a big fan of spiders myself, but some nice macro work (and a change to see some of your work in colour too! ;) )

Spiders creep me out to no end...and yet I find myself looking at pictures of them. My favorite is the third photo cause it particularly creeps me out, all the hairs are really detailed, so much so I can feel it's nasty spider legs crawling on me.

Most reactions

Back