Spider Trap--SERIOUS EWWW EFFECT!!!

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I was here at work, when a co-worker came running...said. "grab your camera" I went over and saw this spider in the window above the door, and could not help snapping a few as he caught a helpless fly. The sun was behind and off to the right, so he looks a little transparent. I shot with an 18-55 lens, and a 3X close up filter attached.

The Hunter.
142_4263a.JPG

.........trapped

142_4267a.JPG

Instant death

142_4271a.JPG

I'm envious now!
These are great!
My yesterday's attempt to capture a spider busily building its web with that camera there (see below) all failed: the macro function doesn't REALLY allow for any macro shots, there was too little light and the spider was waaaayyy too busy building and building, round and round and round...

ewwwwwww!!!!!!! just kidding... these are really cool.... that is one huge sucker..(oops..sorry for the pun...)

the first one is killer..(there i go again... i am so sorry..ita a sickness... admission is half the battle....) you can see the small tiny hairs on his jaws/pinchers....and looking at this you can see his joints...
i can almost see the blood moving thru his legs on the last pic....

arachnid glad to see me or is that a spider in your corner? man, chiller, this pics really fits your name...'eh?

Those are great !!!

Steve :thumbup:

Creeeepy!!! It looks liek the first one is attacking your lens! eewww! Awesoem shots tho!

Much prefer the second on, he looks huge!
The sky as a background works really well. Adds interest and the blue looks good against the black.

Thanks everyone for taking the awesome comments and compliments. I appreciate all of them.

Most reactions

Back