Spilled milk in truck.....it stinks!!! Help!

This should work. when I detail my customers cars and they have a funky smell...I just remove the seats, carpets. Then i saturate the carpet with simple green 50/50 and let soak. While soaking i take and scrub the floor pans with a bucket of hot soapy water(dawn) and shop vac it out. Nows a real good time to clean everything that is typically unreachable when the seats and carpets are in. After you clean the interior I then would pressure wash/rinse the carpets down.....Let it sit in the sun until the underneath part of carpet is dry...reinstall carpets and let doors open until further dried.reinstall seats and enjoy your fresh smelling truck :D Any other detailing questions please feel free to PM me :D

Ground coffee is great for absorbing odors. Sprinkle it liberally on the carpet, leave it for a couple of days and then vacuum it up. :thumbup:

Back in the day when I drove an 18 wheeler we used ground coffee in stinky trailers. I'm talking about 140° inside the trailer rotted beef blood, knock you on your ass stink or rancid milk stink bad enough to make you hurl.

Sprinkle the coffee around, shut the doors, and 30 minutes later, no more smell, sweep out or wash out the trailer. :thumbup:

Dont wear anti persperant for a week, then your armpits will smell so bad, you won't smell the sour milk anymore.

Well after all our attempts to get the smell out, we tried almost everything that was suggested! The smell would go away for a day and then come right back. And no I didn't cry...ok maybe almost;)! He ended up cutting out the carpet and power washing it!!!! It was all one piece so he made the cut in front of the back bolts of the front seats and hopefully when he puts it all back together you won't notice it. Thanks for all the advise I'll keep it for some other time cuz I'm sure with 4 boys there WILL be another time!!

How about prevention? Even in my vehicle (which is a '97 Pontiac Trans Sport, not the newest and flashiest ride on the road) with only one mini-minion, the only beverage allowed at any time is water. This rule came about from one incident with chocolate milk a few years ago. Good lord, that was some RAUNCHY STENCH mixed in with the lovely aromatics from hauling around a 55 gallon saltwater aquarium setup (the Fish Mobile stank of a tide pool for awhile after that), and all of my 5 freshwater aquariums when I was moving.

Lots of vinegar, baking soda, leaving windows open, and yes, I even burned incense in the Fish Mobile to get the funk out.

Most reactions

Back