Spindly Pier

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Dunnottar is a tiny Icelandic hamlet an hour north of Winnipeg. They have these piers (five or six, maybe) that they build each spring (as soon as the ice on the Lake Winnipeg melts) and deconstruct each fall. The used material is then stored and then checked again the following year before rebuilding. Once the wood (which is untreated) has been worn enough, it's recycled to be used in furniture, moldings, etc. Pretty impressive for a place where only a handful of people live...

The first couple images were shot during sunset... but the pier faces east
smile.gif
(I need someone to convince me to wake up at 5am to go shoot it at dawn. They say this and the other piers look spectacular in the early hours.)

3. Different day and time

Thanks for looking...

Last edited:
What do the original images look like?
Not much different than these (except the monochrome one, of course). In the first two images I just applied a filter and then a couple basic adjustments. I don't like my images too post-processed (plus, I suck at it).

Invisible, you have again produced great images. I can't really decide which i like the most. The mono one is very good and has a great texture, and the first two are just so rich in color. If i had to pick only one I would choose the first, but as i said all are great. You have a great eye!

All are very beautiful images, but I have to say that the second wins for me hands down. Love that reflection!

Invisible, you have again produced great images. I can't really decide which i like the most. The mono one is very good and has a great texture, and the first two are just so rich in color. If i had to pick only one I would choose the first, but as i said all are great. You have a great eye!
Thanks very much, Mersad!

All are very beautiful images, but I have to say that the second wins for me hands down. Love that reflection!
Thanks much, Carol! I have to agree with you in that #2 is the best here.

These are pretty, but they look way oversharpened to me.
Thanks, Lyncca! All of my images (not just these) are barely sharpened. Sometimes I don't even sharpen them at all :)

Most reactions

Back