Spirit Level ???

Pirate

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a friend that has 2 extra spirit levels, and has offered to send me one, no charge except mailing. Are these things even worth having ? I don't seem to have a problem with horizons or anything, but as I age is this something that might be handy ??

They are great, especially if you use wideangle lenses.
They allso help you with horizons, and architecture photography. I have a tripod with a spirit level and one tripod without, I only use the one with the level. ( I often shoot with my wideangle lense...)

They are good if your horizon isn't straight or you can't find the horizontal reference in the dark. My tripod has 2 2axis spirit levels on it. One for the legs one for the head.

Have you seen the little spirit levels you can slip into the hotshoe spot? Anyone know if they are any good.

Tempted to get one just from a gadget point of view :)

It might be a nice gadget...although a better option (IMO) would be a view finder screen with several grid lines...that way you can judge what is level when looking into the view finder.

i have a level that fits in a hot shoe, it works great; when i remember to use it LOL

Most reactions

Back