SPLASH!!! I took the plunge

sinjans

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well a sleepless night, a morning of caffine and some peptobismol and here i am. Just back from the shop with the brand spanker 70-200 2.8 IS. Feeling buyers guilt at the moment. Very happy though. almost happy enough to photograph office supplies :lol:. I will post some shots soon. Love the build of this lens. cant wait to put it to work.:D

Hehe you are going to have fun with that lens :)
Come on come on get some office shots up ;)

(and I know very much how you feel - the only difference being that buyers remorse is far worse when the item has to come by post - postmen are never fast enough!)

Ha. Tell me about it. I could barely slow down for traffic lights this morning. Its 1 degree celcius here now with rain coming from the side so i'd say it will be tomorrow before i walk. Indoor this evening ;)

Congrats!

When I bought mine, it came via UPS. I wasn't home and they driver put the package in a window well on the side of my house. WTF?

If I wasn't so honest, I would have reported it as missing and made them pay for another one.

LOL Mike. I dont know if my ethics would crumble on that one.

On a side note. Is it normal for the IS to be noisey when engaged? Nothing rough, just like a computer processor doing its job. Just wondering if its normal?

Yep perfectly normal sound - its actually not as loud as you think when you shoot outside - just indoors when everything is really quite is about the only times I really notice it.

LOL Mike. I dont know if my ethics would crumble on that one.

On a side note. Is it normal for the IS to be noisey when engaged? Nothing rough, just like a computer processor doing its job. Just wondering if its normal?
Perfectly normal.

Yup, you should hear it 'sort of click' when it engages, 'whur' when it's running and also hear when it stops.

Congrats on the new lens, I can't wait to get one!

Thanks people. I managed to get the pooches to the dog park before dark here today. Very low light handheld f/4 1/320 ISO 1000. Again not expecting C&C on this as it is a snapshot. I have a family shoot this wekend and will post some of thos eon sunday. Thanks again

Attachments

• $IMG_2010_01_27_5989.jpg
    $IMG_2010_01_27_5989.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
you lucky bastid!!!! haha congrats and get to shooting!

Wow, congrats! Surprised you didn't go used on this though. THen again, I have never bought a piece of used equipment. Seems folks like Tim (gear whores) are dumping them in anticipation of the mkII version.

Its a great lens, and now I can stop drinking pepto too. I was worried you were still gonna want mine. And I was wanting to keep it. LOL

I keep going back and forth between whether I'm going to get this lens. Every time I start thinking about getting it again, I always ask myself (meaning my wife asks me) whether the money would go further on the lens or invested somewhere else in our business. So far I haven't been able to justify the expense, so I'm stickin with my 50mm 1.4 for now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back