SPLASH!!! I took the plunge

Larissa, the prices will drop even further this Spring. I would wait and see what happens on the used market in a few short months.

Montanna,

I somewhat agree. It seems like the price of the mark II version is gonna be insane though. Speaking with my camera guy here leads me to anticipate a few dollars off the mk1 soon after release. It was'nt worth it fro me to wait till spring for a few bucks. Also i would have spent the money on lighting and beer by then :lol:, which i still plan to do. But it would be impossible form me to cough up that much dough during the prime light and beer season we get here.

Larissa,

I can say its an awesome lens but not from experience as i am newborn to this big boy. I can tell you that the feel and the speed and the IS are dreamy as is the bokeh produced at 2.8. It is about as heavy as a gold brick but a monopod can help with that. Im a big guy and can swing a few more pounds around then the average person, but even handholding it for 20 minutes yesterday forced me to posture up (which will improve my technique). I will probably get a monopod soon to help on the long days. The pros call it the bees knees so thats why i went there personally. I dont want to be trading gear anymore as it is a pain in the arse. I will post pics of what an amateur can do with this lens in time to come. But the pros really make it shine.

Thanks people. I managed to get the pooches to the dog park before dark here today. Very low light handheld f/4 1/320 ISO 1000. Again not expecting C&C on this as it is a snapshot. I have a family shoot this wekend and will post some of thos eon sunday. Thanks again
lol @ the loop of slobber going over his face

Well i managed to get out for a bit at lunch today AGAIN with the pooches. Honestly i never bought this lens exclusivley for dogs but they are good practce. So far i am in love with this lens. A few of the posted pics below are slightly OOF but shows how great this lens is. I will get better with it and I will soon add some extra lighting tools to my belt. excuse the shadows. All these were handheld at 2.8 at about 1/3000 ISO 200 Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• $1.jpg
    $1.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 73
  • $2.jpg
    $2.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 68
  • $3.jpg
    $3.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 64
  • $4.jpg
    $4.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 59
  • $5.jpg
    $5.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 52
  • $6.jpg
    $6.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 48
I've heard people complain about the weight before. I (TJ from Larissa Photography) usually shoot wedding candids with a 50mm, so that would be a completely different feel having a weighty lens.

No I'm TJ :lmao:
Congrats on the new lens! A 70-200 is like the most amazing thing ever. 2.8 what more can someone ask for.

Get over the remorse. This is one lens everyone should own. It's not that heavy ( an EF 400 f/2.8L is heavy and I still shoot it handheld). I'm not sure how much they can improve it with the Mrk II except with better IS.

Remorse does not exist anymore. Im am in love.

TJ,

Your thread earlier got me moving a little faster toward this lens.

Most reactions

Back