Splash

mpdc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Splash%202.JPG

I love how you have captured that water... big stone eh? Only think I don't like is how busy the background it, too colourful it kinda detracts my attention. Maybe blur slightly using photoshop or crop... just a suggestion though.

Thanks for the input.
What about black and white, think that would do anything?

I'm finding the image much to large to critique effectively since I can't see it all without scrolling. Try resizing to about 640X480 pixels and you'll get better feedback.

Good idea about the size...B&W may do it... remember though B&W is about contrasts so it may work to play with the contrast and brightness in the B&W image to make it effective.... good capture though!

Something like this maybe... background has been gaussian blurred and the image has been cropped

Splash202.jpg

Hope you don't mind me messing

Not at all. Did ya just crop it?

Cropped it according to the rule of thirds and using Paint Shop Pro I have selected the background and Gaussian blurred it...

oooo, i like the 2nd attempt with the crop and blurred background...

the original was too A) too big B) over exposed sky C) too distracting but the splash is incredible.

i think you've done an excellent job at isolating the focus of the pic now :) it looks like something i can buy at the waterford crystal store.

edit:
however on 2nd thought, you've also lost all the peripheral splash and water droplets... maybe w/o blurring the entire background, just go for the tighter crop at first? w/o the droplets it really does look like a piece of crystal

I agree, it does kinda look like a piece of crystal... hows about this..

Anothersplash.jpg

Or to just concentrate on the crystal... I mean splash...

Anothersplash2.jpg

I thought the sky being so white took away alot of the impact that the splash brings out... so I changed it...

You know what... the more I look at this picture of the splash the more I love it it's like nature forming a crystal from a glass stream for a split second then smashing it into tiny pieces only to return from where it came....... sorry I just went off on one then!!! :)

Thanks for the comments and I like all the effects you all have done. Very impressive.

No probs... after all it is your image I just used a little technology to bring out what you have captured... ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back