Adour

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
ljandclare.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

Was at the beach with some friends yesterday an took these, as always any comments and critisism is appreciated.

Both were shot with spot metering (accepting the potential for blown out skies) and on camera flash to combat the sun.

In post, Black and white conversion with tone mapping to bring back the sky and sharpen the image (essentially a very light pseudo-HDR).

Anyway, I hope you like them and please let me know what I can do to improve either the shots or the post.

LJ

1. Sea View
558478541_tPurU-L.jpg

2. Dana
558479408_MF5FR-L.jpg

#1 is an absolutely great shot IMO.
I love the B&W job and that the sky is completely grey. Very nice. One small thing that i noticed is that you may have tilted the camera slightly so the horizon is further down in the right side than in the left. Maybe try and tilt it and see if it makes a difference. Very small thing :)

#2 looks much less thought through than the first one. The armlean from the chair is distracting and it seems like she is saying something while the picture was taken.

#1 is definately printable. Good strong image. I'm a fan of the light tone mapping effect.

#2 is converted nicely but lacks the strength of #1.

Thank you for the comments guys.

Yes #2 was really just a snapshot from the day where as I thought about #1 a lot more.

I looked at the horizon and i think maybe a couple of pixles low on the right, but great spot!!!

Again, thank you,

LJ

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back