Spooky house

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by dlifesjrny, Sep 3, 2004.

1. dlifesjrny

dlifesjrny TPF Noob!

[​IMG]

This house has been abandoned for longer than anyone remembers. I thought it was a so-so shot, but then changed it to b&w and was much happier.
    All of my shots are "new". I am an inspired newbie to digital photography.:twisted:

2. JonMikal

JonMikal TPF Noob!

try this shot with the hoya infared filter. it will really look spooky then!

3. 2Stupid2Duck

2Stupid2Duck TPF Noob!

I like it. The B&W definately caught the atmosphere.

4. mygrain

mygrain Friend to nose goblins everywhere

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    This is going somehwere for sure. Maybe try using a Holga with c41 b&w film for a sienna tone. It would add so much more "spooky". Is this the only shot you got or are there more cuz I'd like to see more angles from this place.

5. ginsberg

ginsberg TPF Noob!

I like the photo for the following reasons (in no order): 1) the texture of the building is consistent with the overall feel 2) the light is also consistant (the same photo in bright sunlight, for example, would not work, 3) the angle of the building cuts through the photograph in a compelling way (the same photo, taken from a different angle, would not work as well), and the placement of the tree forces the keeps viewer's eye iin the frame.

6. terri976

terri976 TPF Noob!

i love it. I always wonder about old houses and what they've seen..There's always character about them. Of one form or another. LOL! I probably sound crazy but have any of you ever noticed a houses character?