Sport Gallery #1

Reaction score
Website
davidalphin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I will add more as I dig through the 354 pictures, and find good shots.

PCHS_Football_2_by_gatecrusher420.jpg

PCHS_Cheerleading_7_by_gatecrusher420.jpg

PCHS_Cheerleading_6_by_gatecrusher420.jpg

PCHS_Cheerleading_5_by_gatecrusher420.jpg

PCHS_Football_1_by_gatecrusher420.jpg

PCHS_Cheerleading_4_by_gatecrusher420.jpg

PCHS_Cheerleading_3_by_gatecrusher420.jpg

PCHS_Cheerleading_2_by_gatecrusher420.jpg

PCHS_Cheerleading_1_by_gatecrusher420.jpg

Comments?

Well first things first before displaying them you need to resize them to a respectable size, eg begin with 800x*** ..
I'm not sure how to go about this, but since the images are so large..
The last picture of the teeny being thrown in the air you can see her "camel toe" (can I say that?) I would lightly blur that section out.

Your images are experiencing really bad CA, I would read up on previous threads i.e the football threads for suggestions.

What camera, iso, shutter, aperture are you shooting ?

"camel toe" (can I say that?)

hahaha, that was epic... made me lol.

seems like you coulda used a faster shutter speed to stop the action.

Well first things first before displaying them you need to resize them to a respectable size, eg begin with 800x*** ..
I'm not sure how to go about this, but since the images are so large..
The last picture of the teeny being thrown in the air you can see her "camel toe" (can I say that?) I would lightly blur that section out.

Your images are experiencing really bad CA, I would read up on previous threads i.e the football threads for suggestions.

What camera, iso, shutter, aperture are you shooting ?

Camera: Nikon D60 (55-200mm lens on most of them)
ISO: See below
Shutter: See below
Aperture: See below

1st: 1/500th, ISO 400, F/7.1
2nd: 1/200th (flash), ISO 1600, F/4.2
3rd: 1/160th (flash), ISO 1600, F/4
4th: 1/200th (flash), ISO 1600, F/4.5
5th: 1/320th, ISO 800, F/4
6th: 1/160th, ISO 400, F/4.5
7th: 1/160th, ISO 400, F/8
8th: 1/160th, ISO 400, F/9
9th: 1/160th, ISO 400, F/10

"camel toe" (can I say that?)

hahaha, that was epic... made me lol.

From what I can see, I see nothing. And I'm to damn lazy to put it through post-processing. If it goes into my schools yearbook, then I'll do some editing to it.

seems like you coulda used a faster shutter speed to stop the action.
I tried, but the lighting was bad.

I could have resized them, but as I said, I'm to lazy to resize them. I'll resize ones from other games.

Quote from the original poster: " And I'm to damn lazy to put it through post-processing. If it goes into my schools yearbook, then I'll do some editing to it."

Well, I think you mean that you are "too" damn lazy but if the picture happens to go into your "school's" yearbook, only then will you edit your images. Your attitude toward your images is rather shameful to me at least, since the majority of these images are poorly processed,and every one of them would be improved by some judicious post-processing adjustments. At the very least, a black point adjustment (found under the Levels sub-menu), and a quick adjustment of the curves would make your images look as if you care about them.

Considering the time and effort that used to go into making a decent color image, I find it shocking that (at least one of) today's younger generation admits he or she is "too damn lazy" , by his/her own admission, to even care about how publicly displayed pictures look.

Quote from the original poster: " And I'm to damn lazy to put it through post-processing. If it goes into my schools yearbook, then I'll do some editing to it."

Well, I think you mean that you are "too" damn lazy but if the picture happens to go into your "school's" yearbook, only then will you edit your images. Your attitude toward your images is rather shameful to me at least, since the majority of these images are poorly processed,and every one of them would be improved by some judicious post-processing adjustments. At the very least, a black point adjustment (found under the Levels sub-menu), and a quick adjustment of the curves would make your images look as if you care about them.

Considering the time and effort that used to go into making a decent color image, I find it shocking that (at least one of) today's younger generation admits he or she is "too damn lazy" , by his/her own admission, to even care about how publicly displayed pictures look.

ya, theres a pic on the wall i took of my brother pitching in a baseball game, its not very sharp and it drives me crazy every time i see it! lol.

i hate showing people bad pics lol.

I don't have photoshop, that's why I don't put it through post-processing. When I get to school, sometime this week, I'll update them.

What ? lol. I know a lot of photographer's that don't use photoshop. That's a lame excuse.

You don't care about the pictures huh, it's all about how you look like with a camera around your neck in front of the cheerleaders. :lol:

You need to quit criticizing me and focus on the pictures. I could care less what you think about me, it's the photos that are important, not me, carrying a 1300 dollar camera, taking pictures of cheerleaders. It's not me, it's the pictures. But if all you're going to do is bash me and what I think, then I'll keep my pictures to myself. I don't have the time to edit my pictures. I'm busy working on my senior project, my schools yearbook, writing stories of my own, working on my website, dealing with bugs on my sites forum, etc. I am not a professional, so I post what I take. When I get the time and programs, then I might start editing them.

And believe me, if I had the money, I'd spend it on photoshop and everything you'd se would be of professional quality.

carrying a 1300 dollar camera, taking pictures of cheerleaders

That's what I said.

And you don't need photoshop to make professional looking pictures.. How did u make that watermark ?

carrying a 1300 dollar camera, taking pictures of cheerleaders
That's what I said.

And you don't need photoshop to make professional looking pictures.. How did u make that watermark ?

Register with deviantart, and when you upload an image, set the view size to whatever size you want, and select display watermark. Deviantart automatically generates the watermark, places it in the center, etc.

And might I suggest you read the whole sentence.

I could care less what you think about me, it's the photos that are important, not me, carrying a 1300 dollar camera, taking pictures of cheerleaders.

And let me also say, I am not a professional. I have just now seriously gotten into taking pictures, and I honestly don't have the time to edit my pictures. If I did, we wouldn't be discussing this right now. Almost everyday, I'm having to meet with my mentor to talk about some bull crap senior project, writing a 1500-2000 word research paper, getting a portfolio setup, managing and backing up my website, dealing with my job, working on two cars, my girlfriend, and my family. Oh, and don't let me forget to mention that I'm also taking pictures everyday for the yearbook and that senior project I just mentioned.

Finally, when I get the time, I will come around to editing my pictures, and showing them to you. But at the current moment, other things are more important to me than editing pictures.

Last edited:
I qq
PCHS_Cheerleading_1_by_gatecrusher420.jpg

Comments?

I can honestly say if I was the father of this what?? 16 year old I would be pretty pissed at the crotch shot you put online of her. If I were you I would remove this one from the internet there are some sick people out there and this is the kind of image that the wrong people might want to spread around. I might be offbase here but you see it already garnered some comments.

You need to quit criticizing me and focus on the pictures.

Well, in that case your pictures are horrible, for the most part.. Almost all underexposed. It's understandable that you had to slow your shutter down to get the fading light, but if you don't have a speed light or flashes aren't allowed, and your camera can't perform any better than this in low light, then you just don't have the shots.. They're not good. They have the potential to be good, but without pp such as exposure adjustments, they aren't good.

For me, there's a little too much teenage hoo-ha in at least two of them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back