Sport Gallery #1

Discussion in 'Photojournalism & Sports Gallery' started by ArmoredPersonel48698, Sep 12, 2009.

1. ArmoredPersonel48698

ArmoredPersonel48698 New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit
    I will add more as I dig through the 354 pictures, and find good shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Comments?
  2. ocular

ocular New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Well first things first before displaying them you need to resize them to a respectable size, eg begin with 800x*** ..
    I'm not sure how to go about this, but since the images are so large..
    The last picture of the teeny being thrown in the air you can see her "camel toe" (can I say that?) I would lightly blur that section out.

Your images are experiencing really bad CA, I would read up on previous threads i.e the football threads for suggestions.

What camera, iso, shutter, aperture are you shooting ?
  3. ToddLange

ToddLange New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hahaha, that was epic... made me lol.

seems like you coulda used a faster shutter speed to stop the action.
  4. ArmoredPersonel48698

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Camera: Nikon D60 (55-200mm lens on most of them)
    ISO: See below
    Shutter: See below
    Aperture: See below

1st: 1/500th, ISO 400, F/7.1
    2nd: 1/200th (flash), ISO 1600, F/4.2
    3rd: 1/160th (flash), ISO 1600, F/4
    4th: 1/200th (flash), ISO 1600, F/4.5
    5th: 1/320th, ISO 800, F/4
    6th: 1/160th, ISO 400, F/4.5
    7th: 1/160th, ISO 400, F/8
    8th: 1/160th, ISO 400, F/9
    9th: 1/160th, ISO 400, F/10

From what I can see, I see nothing. And I'm to damn lazy to put it through post-processing. If it goes into my schools yearbook, then I'll do some editing to it.

I tried, but the lighting was bad.

I could have resized them, but as I said, I'm to lazy to resize them. I'll resize ones from other games.
  5. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +10,380 / 2
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Quote from the original poster: " And I'm to damn lazy to put it through post-processing. If it goes into my schools yearbook, then I'll do some editing to it."

Well, I think you mean that you are "too" damn lazy but if the picture happens to go into your "school's" yearbook, only then will you edit your images. Your attitude toward your images is rather shameful to me at least, since the majority of these images are poorly processed,and every one of them would be improved by some judicious post-processing adjustments. At the very least, a black point adjustment (found under the Levels sub-menu), and a quick adjustment of the curves would make your images look as if you care about them.

Considering the time and effort that used to go into making a decent color image, I find it shocking that (at least one of) today's younger generation admits he or she is "too damn lazy" , by his/her own admission, to even care about how publicly displayed pictures look.
  6. ArmoredPersonel48698

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't have photoshop, that's why I don't put it through post-processing. When I get to school, sometime this week, I'll update them.
  7. ToddLange

ToddLange New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0

ya, theres a pic on the wall i took of my brother pitching in a baseball game, its not very sharp and it drives me crazy every time i see it! lol.

i hate showing people bad pics lol.
  8. Mastino

Mastino New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Download Picasa from Google.. It's free and does some nice, very quick editing and adjustments.

Picasa 3: Free download from Google
  9. ocular

ocular New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    What ? lol. I know a lot of photographer's that don't use photoshop. That's a lame excuse.

You don't care about the pictures huh, it's all about how you look like with a camera around your neck in front of the cheerleaders. :lol:
  10. ArmoredPersonel48698

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You need to quit criticizing me and focus on the pictures. I could care less what you think about me, it's the photos that are important, not me, carrying a 1300 dollar camera, taking pictures of cheerleaders. It's not me, it's the pictures. But if all you're going to do is bash me and what I think, then I'll keep my pictures to myself. I don't have the time to edit my pictures. I'm busy working on my senior project, my schools yearbook, writing stories of my own, working on my website, dealing with bugs on my sites forum, etc. I am not a professional, so I post what I take. When I get the time and programs, then I might start editing them.

And believe me, if I had the money, I'd spend it on photoshop and everything you'd se would be of professional quality.
  11. ocular

ocular New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    That's what I said.

And you don't need photoshop to make professional looking pictures.. How did u make that watermark ?
  12. ArmoredPersonel48698

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Register with deviantart, and when you upload an image, set the view size to whatever size you want, and select display watermark. Deviantart automatically generates the watermark, places it in the center, etc.

And might I suggest you read the whole sentence.

And let me also say, I am not a professional. I have just now seriously gotten into taking pictures, and I honestly don't have the time to edit my pictures. If I did, we wouldn't be discussing this right now. Almost everyday, I'm having to meet with my mentor to talk about some bull crap senior project, writing a 1500-2000 word research paper, getting a portfolio setup, managing and backing up my website, dealing with my job, working on two cars, my girlfriend, and my family. Oh, and don't let me forget to mention that I'm also taking pictures everyday for the yearbook and that senior project I just mentioned.

Finally, when I get the time, I will come around to editing my pictures, and showing them to you. But at the current moment, other things are more important to me than editing pictures.
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  13. JIP

JIP New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I can honestly say if I was the father of this what?? 16 year old I would be pretty pissed at the crotch shot you put online of her. If I were you I would remove this one from the internet there are some sick people out there and this is the kind of image that the wrong people might want to spread around. I might be offbase here but you see it already garnered some comments.
  14. Mastino

Mastino New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My Photos Are OK to Edit

Well, in that case your pictures are horrible, for the most part.. Almost all underexposed. It's understandable that you had to slow your shutter down to get the fading light, but if you don't have a speed light or flashes aren't allowed, and your camera can't perform any better than this in low light, then you just don't have the shots.. They're not good. They have the potential to be good, but without pp such as exposure adjustments, they aren't good.

For me, there's a little too much teenage hoo-ha in at least two of them.
  15. ArmoredPersonel48698

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    These shots aren't for sale, unless someone feels like buying them. They're going into the yearbook. I was asked to take these pictures.
  16. Mastino

Mastino New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Well, I just looked at your gear, and your camera is capable of much better than you captured with it, even in the light situation.

One thing I would advise, and I'm not trying to beat you up, but you're obviously new to photography, new to editing, and you don't really seem to understand exposure and lighting yet:

You should post your pictures in the critique section to receive some of the very valuable advice from the very knowledgeable photographers who bother to visit the critique section because of attitudes like yours.. Again, I'm not trying to beat you up, but you do seem to have a lot of learning to do, and there is a lot of very valuable advice here if you just put your ego down for a minute..

Also, your signature sounds really cocky.. Looking at your picture quality, you should probably be begging for help from the members, rather than telling them to essentially bug off.. They aren't going to be beating up your in box begging to edit your pictures and telling you their intentions.. Honestly, you should consider yourself lucky if they will do it for you.

I used to be like you and think that editing was not necessary and that I could take great pictures right out of the camera if I spent enough on the camera, but that's just not really many times, and you need to get up on post processing.. It is a very quick process after a while because you start to learn your camera's downfalls..
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  17. Rekd

Rekd New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +51 / 0
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Wow. I can honestly say your pictures are not very good.

In fact, your pictures are quite bad. I might even say they're worse than mine, and that's saying a lot.

Not just in composition, post processing and lighting either. You show very poor taste and have precisely zero room to be the arrogant ass you are being. (Oops, did I say that out loud?)

It is painfully obvious why you chose to display the pictures you did. There's plenty of grown-ups out there you can photograph if you want shots like these.

My suggestion would be to lay off the kiddy pr0n and quit being arrogant; you're not that good... :thumbdown:
  18. Jeff Canes

Jeff Canes New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    OK folks let try to keep it civil
  19. Rekd

Rekd New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +51 / 0
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    You mean like his shots of that little girl's coochie?? I did try! And that WAS civil compared to the initial draft. :greenpbl:

I'll try harder next time. :hug::
  20. hsmoscout

hsmoscout New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    I don't think these are your pics. If they are, I know you have photoshop, because you have several photoshopped pics in our deviantart gallery, which is here:
    gatecrusher420 on deviantART

And he's the link to one pic you photoshopped:
    Morgan Freeman BW by ~gatecrusher420 on deviantART

And as I looked through "your" gallery, I noticed you had some awesome pics of that football game, which you didn't post. Some of your baseball shots are great!