Sport teams payment?

Puma

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

I am doing a local schools softball team photos.

This is my first paid assignment. I made them great prices and they undertand this is my first real assignment.

My question is this.... Do I ask for payment up front? The day of the shoot? Or the day they receive the photos?

Thanks,
-Puma-

I am doing a local schools softball team photos.

This is my first paid assignment. I made them great prices and they undertand this is my first real assignment.

My question is this.... Do I ask for payment up front? The day of the shoot? Or the day they receive the photos?

Thanks,
-Puma-

Since you have no investment in film and processing, my thought is to wait until they receive the photos. However, I'm not a pro so take my comment with a grain of salt.

I don't know, in wrestling when the photographer took our pictures we had to bring a check the day we had the shoot. We had to fill out a form first though, explaining what size print we wanted, etc.

I am making a frm also. It will have all the different packages I am offering as well as alacarte items.

I just cant remember how it was when I was in school. It was too long ago.

-Puma-

For our soccer pics, payment was due immediately before the shoot, no exceptions. Otherwise you will have a collection fiasco on your hands. It's much easier to give a refund than to try to collect from dozens of students.

I am making a frm also. It will have all the different packages I am offering as well as alacarte items.

I just cant remember how it was when I was in school. It was too long ago.

-Puma-

Hell, when I went to school photography had yet to be invented!

For our soccer pics, payment was due immediately before the shoot, no exceptions. Otherwise you will have a collection fiasco on your hands. It's much easier to give a refund than to try to collect from dozens of students.

Real good points.

Thanks, I am printing up the order forms today and will make it where the payment is due at the day of the shoot.

Thanks,
-Puma-

It sounds like you are going to offer more than one package. I think if you are going to ask for payment up front you ahould make sure they know about all you offer well in advance. In most if not all cases you will have parents paying and if they are going to send their kid to school with a check for the photographer they are going to want to know what they are spending.

Always collect first for this type of photography. Trust me you'll end with a lot less photos hanging around till you finally bite the bullet and shred them. When I do it I always collect frst then have them buy more off my web site along with action pictures from their games.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back