Sports car racing at Sebring Intl Raceway, PBOC Winterfest 2007

Herr_Z

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Everybody,

I was at SIR last weekend taking pictures of some amateur auto races at the legendery 12 hour course. Unfortunately I was unable to access some of the infield so the locations were limited.

I was shooting with a Canon 1D Mk2N with the 24-70 mm and 70-200 mm IS. For some of the shots I used a 1.4X teleconverter, and also used a polarizer in the sun. Exposure times were between 1/125 sec and 1/1000 sec, while the aputure was between 4.0 and 8.0. They were resized in CS2, and a couple were cropped. A few had their levels doctored, but you'd be surprised which ones didnt. Enjoy!

BTW, the pic of the blue and yellow car with the other photog in the way is here because the photog happens to work for the Car Club's magazine, and therefore the shot has its place here. On the same note, the "victors" on the podium are friends of mine that won their respective racing class. Sorry, I am too lazy to rewrite the code for each forum.

Cheers,

Chris

Click the pic below to start, click the thumbnails for bigger versions.

awesome photos. I'm always amazed how many bimmers and porches compete in endurance events. I myself am trying to get into motorsports photography, particularly drifting which is yet another hobby of mine.

Great pics im also intrested in going into motorsport photography

They seem pretty professional for "amatuer" just by that one pic. Nice Porsches, nice pic!

I'm glad you like them. I wanted to race a BMW, but unfortunately, the car wasnt ready in time. A couple of pro teams will rent out seats or do testing at this event to get a jump start financially or technically.

BTW these types of events are perfect for practice as these people tend to welcome photogs, not shun them (like some pro events).

Glad you guys like the pics.

Most reactions

Back