Sports: Ichiro Connects

Slowboat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Yesterday was a good day to catch and afternoon baseball game. Unbelievably the Mariners where on fire the first couple of innings and I got this shot of Ichiro Suzuki connecting with one.

What does everyone think? I like the alignment of the bat, Ichiro, catcher and umpire.

original.jpg

Nice! Love it. Wouldnt' change a thing, print that bad boy!

-Jeremy-

Only thing I would change is that Id rather see empty space in front of the batter instead of behind the umpire. Sweet picture though!

How far away were you? what lense did you use?

Yeah, the empty space makes me want to crop in more or shift around the empty space. Guess I should try and have the action leading into the frame instead of out of the frame. Guess I will re-crop the image this evening.

I was rather far away in the outfield along the 1st baseline and three levels up. So the shot you see is about a 1/3 crop of the original.

I used a Canon EOS 10D with a EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
EXIF: 1/750s f/9.5 at 400.0mm iso400

Personally I thin it would be difficult to compose it too much differently. I would just crop out the space behind the UMP and possibly a touch at the top, otherwise it seems pretty solid to me. Nice and sharp, good exposure and color though.

Canon Fan said:
Personally I thin it would be difficult to compose it too much differently. I would just crop out the space behind the UMP and possibly a touch at the top, otherwise it seems pretty solid to me. Nice and sharp, good exposure and color though.

I agree with canon fan here. I love baseball, this a fabo shot! The shadows on the top are what distract me here. But the exposure and action is great!

slowboat, I've been admiring your gallery on pbase.com and I think you're a very talented photographer.

I agree with your second thoughts on this photo. I would like to see the direction of the action going into the photo rather than out of it.

I like the contrast and saturation. You did good.

Thanks for the feeback everyone. :)

Canon fan, thanks for taking the time to look thru my PBase gallery and the kind words.

I am finding sports photography very addicting, more than anything else
I have tried. All that action and trying to capture it. Now to get photography press passes and a 500 or 600mm lens to bring the action close, at least for baseball and football.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back