Sports Order Form Template

Most people consider someone who charges to be a pro, and vice versa. Kind of like amatuer sports and professional sports. Getting paid is pretty much the basis for being considered a pro.

If you know more about legal stuff then the people here why would you come here asking for a legal form?

And you posted in the business district forum not the beginner's section.

Most people consider someone who charges to be a pro, and vice versa. Kind of like amatuer sports and professional sports. Getting paid is pretty much the basis for being considered a pro.

If you know more about legal stuff then the people here why would you come here asking for a legal form?

To be fair she didn't ask for a legal form. Just a price list for sports. I am more than happy to share info with fellow professionals. I find it insulting to me and my profession when people, who do not have the skills, try to bypass learning how to take quality pictures and go right to the business.

Yes, people have to start somewhere. But learning photography is the first step. Once you know your equipment forwards and backwards and upside down and can take quality photographs (And that includes technical and artistic quality) and you can take them consistently, then and only then are you ready to charge for your services. Then and only then will other professionals be willing to share business practices.

Am I making sense?

I also understand that you are probably not going to take our advice and go ahead with your "business". All I can say is I feel sorry for the people who pay hard earned money for amateur pictures. Shame on you.

Some of us actually learned to shoot.. before we started charging! The client should not have to pay for your mistakes, and your learning curve! I am sure you probably shoot a lot of shots... just to get a couple that are really worth keeping. But wouldn't it be nice to be able to do those good shots.. repeatedly and on purpose, consistently?

I agree with that CCericola said... you should not be charging! I know there are a million idiot MWAC's out there doing it... but why don't you try to be Better than they are?

I am trying and most of my shots are good, I just needed a little extra help with the flash thats it! I hear ALOT on here, "When do you know when to start charging?" and everyone responds when you have license taxes and people start wanting to BUY your services rather than you wanting them to buy them! So I really didn't need advice on that either, just needed a sports template that's all......

To be fair she didn't ask for a legal form. Just a price list for sports. I am more than happy to share info with fellow professionals. I find it insulting to me and my profession when people, who do not have the skills, try to bypass learning how to take quality pictures and go right to the business.

Yes, people have to start somewhere. But learning photography is the first step. Once you know your equipment forwards and backwards and upside down and can take quality photographs (And that includes technical and artistic quality) and you can take them consistently, then and only then are you ready to charge for your services. Then and only then will other professionals be willing to share business practices.

Am I making sense?

I also understand that you are probably not going to take our advice and go ahead with your "business". All I can say is I feel sorry for the people who pay hard earned money for amateur pictures. Shame on you.

I don't take bad pictures, and I know I don't no one on here as seen anything since I've mastered the skills for it, I've been to school for it as well, I justed needed a little extra help with my flash that's all, tips and such that's it, yes I know about legal stuff as in the license and tax info I need to run a business NOT what needs to be on a print release TOTALLY different, people ASK me to take pics and every single one of my clients have been more than happy with there photos, so I don't see a problem with it, and who are you to judge me and how well I take photos JUST because I wanted some help with my flash? R U kidding me!!!!

No, no one is kidding you.

TPF is a public forum.

You do not own a thread once you start it. TPF owns the thread.

No one is obligated to help you, or to refrain from making comments only tangentially related to your OP, or not related to your OP at all.

Welcome to real life. :thumbup:

By your own admission you said "wow no I'm not going pro" Well, yes, yes you are. If you have opened a business then you are "going pro" Prove us wrong. Post some of your best pictures.

I just registered with this site and while browsing through the various threads I came across this one. What a huge disappointment. As a professional photographer it saddens me to see such deplorable behavior from so-called professionals. Everything is represented here BUT professionalism - sarcastic comments, hateful tones, and just plain rudeness. No one seemed capable of giving this person the one thing they asked for - a sample Sports Order Form. I certainly hope you treat your clients with more respect than you did Sarisotta_21.

As a retired news photographer, I have to agree with WhatsInAName here. There is way too much ego being displayed here for my tastes. IMHO, if you don't want to help someone, just don't post. Crushing the competition is not a viable method of business building, nor or reputation enhancement. Perhaps I've just never lost the primal love for what I did photographically, but I've happily doled out helpful tips to many a padawan learner...if they were willing to ask for a simple tip, I was happy to provide one, if I could. NEVER have I upbraided a "camera user" for not knowing yet what I have learned. I had to learn it too, and much of it came from guys I worked with, for, or against. Whatever happened to that attitude? After all, buring up 1000 digital images is much faster than burning up the same amount of film and then processing it!

As a retired news photographer, I have to agree with WhatsInAName here. There is way too much ego being displayed here for my tastes. IMHO, if you don't want to help someone, just don't post. Crushing the competition is not a viable method of business building, nor or reputation enhancement. Perhaps I've just never lost the primal love for what I did photographically, but I've happily doled out helpful tips to many a padawan learner...if they were willing to ask for a simple tip, I was happy to provide one, if I could. NEVER have I upbraided a "camera user" for not knowing yet what I have learned. I had to learn it too, and much of it came from guys I worked with, for, or against. Whatever happened to that attitude? After all, buring up 1000 digital images is much faster than burning up the same amount of film and then processing it!
Sorry, but you must not read many of the threads, for being an Administrator. This one was mild. I have been involved in many very heated discussions when I was raked through the coals for defending someone like the OP. A few on here can be very vicious and as soon as one starts, they come out of the woods in packs. In the 6 months that I have been a Supporting Member I know of several who have left the forum because of such treatment that was totally uncalled for.

Most reactions

Back