Sports - USED Canon 1D IV or 7D ii?

Sports for Fun

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Current Rig:
7D with a Tamron 70-200 F2.8

I shoot college football and soccer games for fun and share photos with the athletes and parents. Games are mostly day. I want to upgrade. I don't sell my photos so budget is an issue. I buy used and looking at either a 1D Mark IV or 7D Mark II for $1K. Also a Tamron 150-600 F5-6.3 G2. Thinking is the 1D has better ISO so the higher F on the lens would not be as much an issue?

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_1434.jpg
    IMG_1434.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_4992.jpg
    IMG_4992.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 155
Can't go wrong with either one of them for what you are wanting. Both are crop sensor but I think you may be right that the 1D mk IV will handle things a little better.

I have the 7D mk II and use it for all of my sports, day, night, indoor and outdoor. I am also considering buying a 1D mk IV as a second body for this coming football season.

I know a guy who pro shoots for nature books (fast moving birds etc) who swapped from a 1d4 to a 7d2 when it was released. His photos are still amazing, I'd imagine performance is his key goal and he now uses the 7d

Current Rig:
7D with a Tamron 70-200 F2.8

I shoot college football and soccer games for fun and share photos with the athletes and parents. Games are mostly day. I want to upgrade. I don't sell my photos so budget is an issue. I buy used and looking at either a 1D Mark IV or 7D Mark II for $1K. Also a Tamron 150-600 F5-6.3 G2. Thinking is the 1D has better ISO so the higher F on the lens would not be as much an issue?

Any suggestions?

night and indoor ... 5D4 or older 1D series
outdoor - 80D
Tamron 150-600 F5-6.3 G2 .... not fast AF

www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Most reactions

New Topics

Back