Spot in pics. need help(Pentax K100D)

ubuntu83

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am new to this forum and recently took to photography. I bought a slightly used Pentax K100D some time back with a 18-55 mm lens. On my recent trip I noticed a spot in pics. Checked and cleaned the lens but it still is there. can any one tell me what the problem might be and how to fix it. Check out the pics.

Sensor dust--and not too much of it either! it is not the lens, but rather dust on the sensor's filter array, which is located just a couple of millimeters in front of the actual sensor itself. Perhaps a mere whiff or two or three from a Giotto Rocket Blower would release the few dust specs your sensor currently has on it.

Copper Hill Images - CCD/CMOS Cleaning Tutorial - Introduction

How careful are you? Are you in a dust free environment? Set your camera to a cleaning mode that opens the shutter, remove the lens, hold it upside down and activate said cleaning mode. Gently blow onto the sensor and for the love of god don't gob on it.

Or just get a blower and do it properly.

welcome to the world of sensor dust. In general, when you see dark spots, the way to check is to stop the lens down all the way, it will appear more defined. I'll venture a guess that the 3rd photo is with the lowest aperture.
Do a couple of good searches on how to deal with it - everybody has to sooner or later. It's been discussed here several time. Derrel's link is an excellent place to start.

Thanks all of you I'll give Derrel's suggestion a try.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back