abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
440c-r5993.jpg

440-r5976.jpg

440-r5943.jpg

Okay, first off I think you did a really good job of finding all these spots to photograph and the right time as well. And you capture them with every evidence of composition skill. The title makes sense, a ray of light is directed specificly on the tree, but I think allusions to the source of light should be hidden: the top part of the photo. That way the light behave more like a spotlight. Also the other trees in the photo really distracts the solid texture of the rocks.

The last two just sort of blow my mind! The color in number 2 has a distinct quality.

Thanks Phototron, Miaow and ShaCow.

I'm not jazzed about the first either. I went around with it a bit and should have probably chose a different shot to post. I was going for a light composition but the light I had on a partial bush the bottom left was just distracting without showing the entire bush. It was the last shot of the morning and I should have spent the extra thirty seconds to compose properly. As it turned out I cropped out the bush and ended up with the semi-dead-toned version you see here. ihh..

The second shot I like the most of the three. There's some kind of triangle thing going on that had a good feel to it when I walked up on it.

I like number one, it's easy on the eyes.

Thanks rkws and nossie. Tweaking the white balance seemed to get rid of the green cast.

third one by far is my favorite, amazing composition and just the way there are "lines" and then curves gives me a good idea of perspective

Thanks cameramike, anuragbhateja, rhammitt.

How weird- I wasn't really happy with changing the white balance on the second shot although it did blow off the -green cast-

So I went back to check the location to see if I could figure out why the cast was there and not throughout the shot. Sure enough, the rocks were slightly green from the lichen.

Diggin these. Ya got some pretty cool lighting. I gotta go with the 3rd as my fave. Well done man.

Thank you Chiller & NJMAN- very appreciated.

Most reactions

Back