Spots w/ 20D

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by M @ k o, Jun 13, 2005.

1. M @ k o

M @ k o TPF Noob!

Is it normal to have these sensor spots? Raymond J Barlow noticed it in one of my past photos I posted. I got the manual out and gently cleaned it like the manual said. But , I really didn't see any dust or particles on the sensor. I took a few sunset photos yesterday and noticed a few shots again and had to do some PS cloning. Is this kinda normal with this camera or digital cameras? :confused:

Thx for any info.

2. ©AnderGraph

©AnderGraph TPF Noob!

its normal but its not something to be flippant about, whatever you do dont use a blower, it just makes things worse - take a long exposure shot at f22 and see how much dust comes out

http://www.pbase.com/copperhill/ccd_cleaning

that link is the way to clean your sensor properly

3. BadRotation

BadRotation TPF Noob!

Copperhill works great. I have used it MANY, MANY times over the past year or so. I made my own sensor swipe with a rubbermaid frosting spatula. I cut it down to size, then put a angled tip on it.

4. M @ k o

M @ k o TPF Noob!

Ok great ! Thx for the info. and the link.

5. Hellashot

Hellashot TPF Noob!

These spots will only show up using f12 or smaller appeture, unless you have real bad sensor dust like I had. They showed up in blue sky on f8. I got the copperhill thing and tried following their instruments on "never pass your sensor twice with the same part of a pad" that is garbage. I literally had to scrub back and forth to get the crap off like getting a stain off your kitchen table!

6. JohnMF

JohnMF TPF Noob!

i have the same problem with the same camera, turns out it was dust in the lens though