Spouse, GF/BF, significant other professions?

my bf's a student. he's studying criminal justice, just like me. :) when he graduates he's going to be in the army for a bit (he's another ROTC guy... not sure how i keep ending up with those :-?) and after that he's thinking about a job with the FBI. :eyebrows:

:p

Miti , I hear ya there on the stories from your other half's job .. scary stuff ....

He's been accepted into college and is starting in September next year ...studying to be a chef. By the end of his course he'll be able to run his own restaurant ...
Which is jusssssst slightly less dangerous a job then the one he's in now :lol:

Luminosity said:
Miti , I hear ya there on the stories from your other half's job .. scary stuff ....

He's been accepted into college and is starting in September next year ...studying to be a chef. By the end of his course he'll be able to run his own restaurant ...
Which is jusssssst slightly less dangerous a job then the one he's in now :lol:

So he'll be playing with sharp knives and fire then? :wink:

My wife works for Citigroup, with their Audit & Risk Management division.

My wife is a loan processor. Nothing too exciting about that. Except that she makes a whole lot more than me :lol:

ferny said:
My lover spends lots of its time holding computer mouses, pens and such.

:lol: :lol:

My girlfriend is a student, studying forestry.

Niki said:
My bf is a student... programming & design and some other computer stuff. :)

Ouch... no offense but i would tell him to switch majors while it's still easy. The following fields are being outsourced to cheap labor countries like India at truly alarming rates, and in this order:

"Anything" in the tech field
Call centers (yes I know some are coming back due to language issues etc)
Accounting
Architecture
Finanace
Radiology (reading of x-rays; these doctors used to make TONS and now they're almost obsolete)
Loan processing
Basically, anything not tied to locale

Take it from me, I'm very, very up on this and I've been in IT for about 10 years now and am in the upper eschelon of software developers. I've left my last 3 jobs in an effort to dodge offshoring. Now, my current company (Fidelity) is talking about offshoring 90% of their software development. I guess I can run but I can't hide :(

And certainly with Bush in power now, it's open season on American citizens.

</rant>

P.S. Core I just love your avatar!! Xena RULES! What a capture that is.

Oh, and my wife works at the Macaroni Grill, and studying for nursing, a career immune to outsourcing.

Ryan Gracie: Wow :?

Thanks for the warning, but that is what he loves to do and won't give up I believe. Plus he is doing fine ... before he even went to the school he made some jobs to few people and still does. :p

Niki said:
Ryan Gracie: Wow :?

Thanks for the warning, but that is what he loves to do and won't give up I believe. Plus he is doing fine ... before he even went to the school he made some jobs to few people and still does. :p

LOl, ok. You can lead a horse to water... best of luck.

oriecat said:
2Stupid2Duck said:
My wife works in superannuation -

A what? :?

Must have a differ meaning in Australian that in American
dictionary.com

Superannuation
\Su`per*an`nu*a"tion\, n. The state of being superannuated, or too old for office or business; the state of being disqualified by old age; decrepitude.

The world itself is in a state of superannuation. --Cowper.

Slyness blinking through the watery eye of superannuation. --Coleridge.

superannunation is the scheme which gives you a pay out once you retire.

mmmm...studying to be an english teacher and he's going to be brilliant.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back