Sprawling Colorado Panorama

ccd333

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
community.webshots.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Migrating elk in Rocky Mountain National Park.

Sony DSC-W1
ISO 100
f/3.5
1/100 seconds
Warming filter
Manfrotto 676B monopod

DSC02004-3.jpg

Wow! Looks great to me. Hard to make any suggestions really. IMO it's awesome, enough said :)

Yes, very nice. Added bonus that the elk in the center is looking at the camera. :)

Wow! :thumbsup:

Would vote for a lil more saturation.

That's a pretty nice scenery you have captured :)

Its a nice picture, and you were really lucky to be there when the elk walked past, however I still feel that the framing of this picture lets it down slightly. The elk which are meant to be the focus of the picture are right at the bottom and are almost dwarfed by the mountains behind. Its not bad though.

Thanks everyone. Peter.....not sure I ever stated that the elk were the focal part of the image. I would have zoomed in on them if that was the case. I took several shots in that area....each with different perspectives and I do have closer shots of the elk. What I was going for, and what I had hoped was implicit in the title, was a big pano shot with all of the elements.....mountains, sky.....the elk just happened to be in the shot as a bonus. I would have taken the same shot without them. It would have been impossible to get all three peaks, and, by the way....the elk, without taking such a wide angle. Thus relegating the animals to play second fiddle to the dominating landscape.

Perhaps you would prefer my other black and white shot I just posted where the elk are a bit more prominent.

Most reactions

Back