Spring 2012 * 5 Photos * opinions & critiques please

#1 nice picture but, I'm not exactly sure what the subject is, my eye wonders
#2 I like a little better, my eye doesn't wonder so much, really quite nice.
#3 Could have been beautiful but, the lens flair kind of spoils it for me.
#4 the background is too busy for this to be effective.
#5,6,7, I have no comment

Lens flair! Of course. I thought there were aliens landing in the middle of the lake.

Appreciate the response greybeard! I know what you mean that lens flair really sucks, wish I had brought the lens hood, might've helped some.

Thanks for inviting us to respond.
The technical comments above are good, but the thing I always want to know is: what do you want to say with the image? I think you might be working in the picturesque mode here without really pushing at it... to technique and hard work must be added that desire to surprise. I think you come closest with the moon pictures.

Appreciate the response greybeard! I know what you mean that lens flair really sucks, wish I had brought the lens hood, might've helped some.

Hint! If you are using a UV filter for "protection", get rid of it.. any glass (especially cheap glass) on the end of your lens will degrade image quality, be more likely to cause abberations (lens flare, etc)... and is really false peace of mind (pushed by filter manufacturers so they can make money)! A broken filter will probably do more damage to your lens than no filter at all would do.

USE your lens hood... always... it will protect your lens better than any filter! (and will prevent that lens flare also! :)

Most reactions

Back