Spring Finally Here!

TheNevadanStig

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jasonlighthallphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Very nice! 2nd and 3rd are Blackheaded Grosbeaks. 1st could be an immature Redheaded Woodpecker.

Jason, very nice shots. I also like the swallow, but I believe it is more accurately a Tree Swallow. We have them all over the place here during the summer. Their favourite trick is to nest in bird boxes that are put out on country fence posts intended for use by our bluebirds. The swallows often "beat them to it", as well, our bluebird population has been decreasing, so more and more of the nesting boxes are being taken up by swallows.

WesternGuy

beautiful and nicely done.

where ya been?????????

Jason, very nice shots. I also like the swallow, but I believe it is more accurately a Tree Swallow. We have them all over the place here during the summer. Their favourite trick is to nest in bird boxes that are put out on country fence posts intended for use by our bluebirds. The swallows often "beat them to it", as well, our bluebird population has been decreasing, so more and more of the nesting boxes are being taken up by swallows.

WesternGuy
I think you are right. I just googled blue and white swallow and low and behold they exist by that very name, so I went with it without paying attention to the range. Both species look very similar. Here they like to nest under bridges that run above rivers and streams.
beautiful and nicely done.

where ya been?????????
Hibernating. Told y'all I'm not a winter person [emoji6]

WesternGuy
My mother has the same problem with wrens in her bluebird boxes. She is almost 80 years old and recently decided to remove them with my fathers BB gun, which she has never even held in her life. I pity the neighbors and the neighborhood cats. She also has a squirrel that keeps getting in the bird feeder so she nagged my dad to make her a buzzer that would scare them away. She just watches out the window till she sees him and then bzzzzz, presses the button. Poor squirrel is gonna have a heart attack.

WesternGuy
My mother has the same problem with wrens in her bluebird boxes. She is almost 80 years old and recently decided to remove them with my fathers BB gun, which she has never even held in her life. I pity the neighbors and the neighborhood cats. She also has a squirrel that keeps getting in the bird feeder so she nagged my dad to make her a buzzer that would scare them away. She just watches out the window till she sees him and then bzzzzz, presses the button. Poor squirrel is gonna have a heart attack.
:biglaugh: I guess if the solution works without any damage to the neighbourhood cats and the neighbours, then maybe the wrens will stay away. As for the squirrel - that brought all sorts of interesting and amusing pictures to mind.

WesternGuy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back