Spring time flowers...C&C

PerfectlyFlawed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.feliciakelsayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some flowers that caught my eye on a nature walk...I tried to get as close with as much detail as possible not using a macro lens, and some turned out really out of focus. But...

..All in all, what do you think? Feedback is appreciated!

1.)
DSC_0559.jpg

2.)

DSC_0561.jpg

3.)
March302010_Brigits_5-1.jpg

( i know i cut off the petals, and included the tip of another petal, which bugs me..but i could probably clone the other tip out.)
4.)

DSC_0554.jpg

The lighting is a bit harsh. Kind of burns my eyeballs like Tabasco.

Looks like you went out around 3:15, which probably has something to do with the light. I would recommend trying closer to 6pm as the sun is going down, and find some with their faces towards the setting sun. Or the opposite time of day, sunrise.

Honestly i have the same flowers in my yard at the pics look identical :p the way i see it its not "Art" as it is you captured the flowers very well.

:lol: This is my first time experiencing Forum Daffodil Season.

Hmmm...what if there were one thread for Daffodils, and then in a couple weeks, we can have one thread for Tulips....

lol, bitter. Yeah..." 'Tis the season!" haha.

And.. yes, Dom, It was about 3:15pm. I will have to retake them in a different sun setting. See how they turn out. I do agree the lighting is harsh.

and pip, i realize they are nothing out of the ordinary..lol They are all over the place. But I was on a nature walk and taking pictures of things that caught my eye. :)

I have another thread i started with this one of a variety of flowers from a bouquet. If you all would like to C/C on that as well. I personally think they turned out a little better than these, and are not as boring. Here is the link if you'd like.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/photography-beginners-forum-photo-gallery/199103-flowers-c-c.html

but as far as these shots go, and the timing of natural light...What about the angles? Are they ok?

Last edited:
You missed the focus on the flower in the second
I personally don't like the fact a part of the petal is cut off in the third
The 4th one is the best, I just would recommend getting lower if you can, and pulling up any ugly weeds that may be around the stems.

Most reactions

Back