Spring Wildflowers

TCampbell

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Each year these flowers come up and last a couple of weeks. They come up early in the season and this is typically our rainy season. Between work and other commitments, I've missed them the past two years. This year, I managed to capture them.

I believe these are Osage Orange trees but I haven't been able to identify the flower (not with any confidence anyway -- still working on that.)

I originally shot this with a 24mm lens but that wasn't quite doing justice to the "look" of being there. So I put my 70-200mm lens on the camera to re-shoot it with a bit more compression (I set the focal length to around 150mm) and got this.

Spring Wildflowers
by Tim Campbell, on Flickr

I'm using a Lee 0.6 soft edge grad to bring down the brightness in the trees.

I normally never alter the content in an image... but this one was an exception. There's a road in the background and there are a couple of road signs. I tried to position the camera so that the trees would hide the signs and managed to hide most of them. There wasn't a good way to hide them all, so I used Lightroom to try to eliminate one in the distant background (I'm not entirely happy with it, but after a few retries I think I managed to succeed -- so long as nobody inspects it too closely.)

Nice shot! I beleive Osage Orange makes a nice longbow wood. Can't see the background clone-out on this end, so it's a success from that standpoint. are those flowers bluebells? I do not think we have those around here. Here it's still "late winter" by temp and feel...very wet,cold, depressing. It's good to see such a cheery photo in the morning.

Beautiful shot. I love the framing and the contrast between the drabness of the "winter" trees against the purple and green pastels of the plants.

Gorgeous shot, a must be viewed on flicker large super nice.

Nice image. I like the trees and how the blue flowers carry the viewer's eye through the picture.

WesternGuy

I've been on the road for about a week and I noticed the patch's in Michigan as well. We call them purple wild flower, you know it's spring when you see it. Lovely image, like the way you rendered it all in focus, very keen.

Thank you all for the kind comments.

Most reactions

Back