Squire's Castle

So there really is no snow on the ground and trees?... The white color is post-processing? or am I really confused now?

Thanks Nytmair.

James, there's no snow. The ground is green grass. Green plants reflect infrared light. The original file is all tones of red, with the green plants being the lightest shades. I color balance the raw file and make the green plants pure white, which makes the sky orangeish, and when inverted, you have what you see here.

I thought camera's CCDs had infrared filters on them. Anyway I can't mount filters on my lens.

I don't quite like the second picture as much as the first. Although the surrounding trees give the castle a more menacing feel to it I think the way the first picture showed soo much of the surroundings made it look more...

Ok different way to describe it. Second picture looks more like a tourist attraction. First pictures shows a wide angle and not a person to be seen. Makes the image a bit desolate. That kindof appeals to me a bit more.

... I hate trying to explain these things :roll:

Thanks Garbz. CCDs do have infrared blocking filters over them, but they don't block 100% of infrared light. As a result, my exposures are usually like ISO 200, f/11 (to ensure sharpness because focusing is different) and anywhere from 7-30 seconds depending on how much light there is. Those shots were both 25 seconds. Lots of people have digital rebels and D30s and 60s sent out to have this filter removed so they can have normal exposure times with infrared and shoot handheld.

you killed me with this shot... awwhhh awesome... lack of words to explain my minds

Amazing picture but I'm sure I like the first one better, the sky in #2 is overdone IMHO

Thanks Mentos :)

HHoltman, you are right about #2. Thanks :)

Garbz: Here's an un-processed infrared shot, so you can see how they look right out of the camera.

ir_no_process.jpg

Totally sensational. I too beg for forgivemes for overlooking this post. You send me into a state of suspended animation when I view your images Matt! Incredibly awesome work!!!!

Thanks alot Kara :)

Thanks jonmikal. No need to apologize for anything :p Thanks so much for your kind words.

Thanks Jeff! :) I think #1 is better too, but it never hurts to take several from different angles I guess.

wow, great shot... i didn't even notice the swingset til you had mentioned it...

just a breathtaking shot... it almost seems as if the photo only consists of 3 colors, red white & blue... really amazing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back