Squirrel, as seen from my bedroom window!

Silverpenguin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.richardpeters.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This cheeky little chap has been running about eating bits off the tree that overhangs in to my garden. Lucky I have a very small garden and a big lens (ooer) as I managed to get these from the bedroom window over the last couple of days. Not sure what my favourite is so sharing the best. Loving the autumn colours he's in amongst!

_RP12686.jpg

_RP12673.jpg

_RP12623.jpg

_RP12743_new.jpg

Cute! lucky to get so close but I do know the ones in hyde park are far from afraid of people so when im next in london i'll be sure im snapping them.

LOVE these pictures...they are so razor sharp, nicely composed (with the fall leaves as backdrop), and show the little fella in action. I always look forward to your posts, and wish you'd post more often.

Love these. I've tried several squirrel shots but they never work out. What's your secret..;) No, really, these are great!

pascal

Thanks for your kind comments everyone. I'd love to post more often but I just don't get as much chance to use my camera as I'd like :(

I am very pleased with the way these came out as they were all shot at ISO 400 & 500 as the light wasn't great. They are all around 1/60 second at f5 and range between 270mm and 400mm using my bedroom window frame as a support lol. Using a house as a hide might seem overkill but hey, if it works... ;)

great shots

excellent shooting..

one small nit.. the portrait shot needs a bit more room above the head if possible.. I see this because I always did the same thing until someone told me about it!!

If I shoot a critter without enough room above the head, I add canvas, and clone in some extra bg. hope this helps!

Lovely and sharp and nice comp on these. The quality is excellent but the white balance seems a tad off. It might just be the time of day and the monitor I'm using at the mo tho. :thumbup:

Thanks for the comments :)

Raymond, above his head you could see the roofline of some houses in the background which is why I ended up going for a tight crop (I cropped the original slightly instead of cloning out the bad stuff because I just wanted to get the pic up to show people, its not one of my stand out shots so I don't want to spend time on it). Good tip though and worth mentioning for others to read :)

Mohain, he was sitting in the shade so the whole image had a blue cast to it, I balanced it up to make it look warmer and enhance the autumn colours (basically so it looked pretty close to the colours that were on the bit of tree that was lit by the low sun - where the squirrel wasn't sitting, why do thet never play ball!!) :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back