Squirrels and mourning dove

BrentC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's been a while, a rough couple months, but was able to take a few snaps.

1. Black Squirrel - our first snowfall

Black squirrel first snowfall by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

2. Mourning Dove enjoying the sunset

Mourning Dove relaxing with the sunset by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

3. Mmm...sweet potato fries

Mmm...Sweet potato fries by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

4. Installed a tray under the feeder for the Cardinals, big mistake

Raiding the bird feeder by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

5. Cardinal

Cardinal by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

Love that black squirrel, very striking in snow. They remind me of Ohio, I didn't know they had some elsewhere (going by your profile!). Neat.

Love that black squirrel, very striking in snow. They remind me of Ohio, I didn't know they had some elsewhere (going by your profile!). Neat.

Thank you. Ontario has one of the biggest population of black squirrels in North America. Just as many of them as Grey Squirrels. Population in the northern States are attributed from back squirrels coming from Canada.

Thank you. Ontario has one of the biggest population of black squirrels in North America. Just as many of them as Grey Squirrels. Population in the northern States are attributed from back squirrels coming from Canada.

All I knew about the ones in Kent was that you weren't allowed to hunt them, they were protected. I think they knew it too... they were more aggressive than your everyday brown tree rat. :) There were also a few white ones there as well.
Interesting that they are Canadian.

Also brent did you manage to find any snow buntings?

Was up at your end this afternoon to look for snowys and buntings. No luck except a group of buntings that landing either side of the road. Couldn't get close enough for any shots.

Very Nice.I love those Black Squirrels

Most reactions

New Topics

Back