Squirrels are evil......

You've seen that Geico commercial haven't you? The one where the squrriels run out in front of that car, the car swerves, and you hear him wrecking off screen, and the squirrels start laughing and they high five each other :p

Dumb squirrels... I accidentally had to drive over one the other day. It was a peaceful area with absolutely no traffic. But this squirrel was keen on practicing salsa right in the middle of the road couple of moments before I came close. Tried to swerve, but it was late!

Jesus....who'd run over a squirrel on a damn BIKE? That is not funny that is sick.

It's one thing to have a small creature with no concept of a car dart out into the road when it's an unavoidable miss. But too often no one even attempts to brake.

I have a problem seeing the roadkill around here - squirrels, foxes, raccoons, etc. I have little doubt most of them could have been avoided if the pedal-to-the-metal mentality of the SUV drivers I see could be eased off a bit.

Give the remaining wildlife in its 13% allowable greenspace a chance - slow the hell down in our tiny wooded areas!!!!! :x

terri said:
Jesus....who'd run over a squirrel on a damn BIKE? That is not funny that is sick.

It's one thing to have a small creature with no concept of a car dart out into the road when it's an unavoidable miss. But too often no one even attempts to brake.

I have a problem seeing the roadkill around here - squirrels, foxes, raccoons, etc. I have little doubt most of them could have been avoided if the pedal-to-the-metal mentality of the SUV drivers I see could be eased off a bit.

Give the remaining wildlife in its 13% allowable greenspace a chance - slow the hell down in our tiny wooded areas!!!!! :x

I have hit a squirrel while riding my bike. I dont think you try to hit one, thats near impossible. Im not about to lock up my wheels and go over my bars because of a squirrel.

I get mad at people when they slam on the brakes with people behind them because a frikin RODENT runs out in front of them. I have seen people get in worse accidents by trying to avoid a small animal than what would have happened if they just hit it. Im an animal lover too, but please...its a rat with a bushy tail. I dont think anyone would be complaining if that was a rat in his wheel?

About the only animal I might swerve for is a Deer. Even then, chances are Id get less hurt hitting a deer than swerving and hitting a car or a tree. Weigh your options...

Oh yea...its all the SUV drivers faults. :roll:

graigdavis said:
terri said:

I have hit a squirrel while riding my bike. I dont think you try to hit one, thats near impossible. Im not about to lock up my wheels and go over my bars because of a squirrel.

I get mad at people when they slam on the brakes with people behind them because a frikin RODENT runs out in front of them. I have seen people get in worse accidents by trying to avoid a small animal than what would have happened if they just hit it. Im an animal lover too, but please...its a rat with a bushy tail. I dont think anyone would be complaining if that was a rat in his wheel?

About the only animal I might swerve for is a Deer. Even then, chances are Id get less hurt hitting a deer than swerving and hitting a car or a tree. Weigh your options...

I'm with Graig on this.

danalec99 said:
graigdavis said:
terri said:

I'm with Graig on this.

Bully for you. Think loss of greenspace more than "frikin RODENT" while you fill up that SUV, avoiding those pesky headlines about $48/barrel for oil while people get shot up every day in oil producing nations. Wear your bike helmet and eat three square meals a day. All will be well.

:roll: Back atcha, Slick!

terri said:
danalec99 said:
graigdavis said:
terri said:

I'm with Graig on this.

Bully for you. Think loss of greenspace more than "frikin RODENT" while you fill up that SUV, avoiding those pesky headlines about $48/barrel for oil while people get shot up every day in oil producing nations. Wear your bike helmet and eat three square meals a day. All will be well.

haha, i love it when it gets dirty in here!

md

terri said:

I take it your against hunting too? Lets let the animals reproduce beyond controll, that way they die by starvation because there isnt enough food for natures ballance to feed on. A couple squirrles being taken out by SUV's (darn rodent traps) is going to ruin the earth one greenspace at a time.

Dont be so quick to throw daggars. I use less gas in my SUV than people I know that drive cars that get 35mpg. I put more miles on my bike each week than my Jeep for two reasons. 1) save gas, helps the environment and saves me money. 2) get some exersize. Thats four reasons isnt it :scratch: . (as opposed to the over weight woman with one child that drives the H2 through the McDonalds drive thru every day).

Next time you swerve a squirrel and end up in a ditch Ill be sure to stop and pull you out with my SUV with a big smile. :D

terri said:

I agree that every Joe or Jane does not need a SUV. How stupid to pay to feed a beast like that unless you really need it. Plus, you ever try to park one of those babies in the compact spaces at Target?

Personally, I have a Suburban and a full sized truck. There are far more days that the back of my truck is filled up than it is empty. Many days, I have so much stuff to transport that I am pulling an equipment trailer too. With my business, having a large truck is a necessity. As for the Suburban, I have 6 people in our immediate family and a slew of other people around all of the time. Trying to find a car to seat 8 people is impossible unless you start looking at Van conversions or Suburbans. Gas mileage for those is about the same.

I keep tire pressures correct and my vehicles are always properly tuned to make sure they don't pollute more than normal. I ride a motorcycle whenever I can avoid driving one of my gas guzzlin beasts. In all of the years that I have been driving, I have never hit an animal - of any kind. I think that blaming all SUV owners was a little over the top.

I'm sorry this thread turned out this way.

Some people might be loaded to take care of the repair and insurance after hitting a tree in order to save a rodent. I'm not! So I'd rather run over a rodent even if I did not want to.

And regarding the savings, I do not think I need to advertise how I save fuel.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back