Squirrels & Birds

Pauky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was out recently testing out my new camera and zoom lense around the pond near where I live. I'm looking to get some C&C for these shots. Thanks if you can offer. The bird on the wall makes a pretty good desktop picture for my computer. Do you think the squirrel shots are too warm?

1)
birdonwall.jpg

2)
birdintree.jpg

3)
squirldirtyface.jpg

4)
squirelstanding.jpg

5)
squireintree.jpg

The middle squirrel is kinda plain, but one and 3 have interesting backdrops.

You're right about the plain background on #3. I tell ya it's difficult to pick and choose the background. Take pitcures of squirrels is a challenge because they just don't sit still; they're constantly on the move and shooting with a slower lense with a slower USM doesn't help either. These pictures must not be all that great since they didnt' receive much feedback.

i would say the last guy is the best. the cardinal is cool to though.

They're pretty good, just because you don't get a lot of replies doesn't mean much. Sometimes all the people on these boards want are HDR's!

Try some photoshop, in some cases photoshop can make a photo 10x better.

#5 is the best of the bunch IMO. I like squirells. #2 could be much sharper.

#1 & #2 : Not focussed on the right things, the first one is focussed on the brick, the second isn't focussed on anything in particular.

#3 is my favourite, the squirrel's quirky mouth is cute.

Of the squirrel photos, I like the first best of the bunch (and no, they are not too warm, though they have a slight colour cast ... too much magenta?) ... he looks at you so inquisitively, and I like your chosen POV (very low, looking him back into the eye). Nothing important is cropped off (like in the last, whole little bottom cropped off), and the background is nice. (I only photographed my first squirrel ever [!] on Sunday, and hey, you cannot be a chooser with them, I found! Not AT all! I did not even get the focus right :oops: ).

The idea about the sparrow is nice. I love sparrows.
But yes, I have to agree: focus slipped slightly and is on the bricks, while Mr Sparrow is too dark and slightly out of focus. But I still do like the idea and believe it makes a good wallpaper!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back