squirrels need crash helmets

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by ferny, Jun 26, 2005.

1. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

So I'm riding my bike, the river is to the left of me. I take a look at the little computer and it says I'm doing 15mph. I notice a sign and decide to have a nose as I go. It's something like "jump in the river and die". Out of the corner of my eye I see a flash, a stupid little squirrel has decided to jump out in front of me. I slam my brakes on and he decides to run in the same direction as me, darting left and right. Finally he runs up a tree. And gives me the most filthiest look ever. The cheek! So, I declare that a new law be passed. All squirrels must now wear crash helmets. That way I won't wear out my brakes and tyres. Chopping off their legs would be a better option, but I think that has even less chance of getting passed.
    Luckily it's one of those days where there isn't much air about. Otherwise I would have been going faster and definitely would have splattered him. Still, it made a change. The other day at the same spot I almost ran over a rat or something who thought it would be fun to play chicken with me.

2. KevinR

KevinR TPF Noob!

Looks like what you need is a score card. :wink:

3. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Now, now..... all the little creatures on the planet must be given the right of way to mad bikers like you. :mrgreen:

4. Meysha

Meysha still being picky Vicky

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hmmm You might be onto something here,,, but I personally prefer them without the helmets.

We don't have squirrels where I come from but we do have Cane Toads. They're ultra squishy when you drive over them in the car.

I also went for about three weekends, where each morning I'd drive to work at 5:30am and I hit a bird every morning!!!! The stupid pigeons usually get out of the way but they must've been on dopey pills that months.

5. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

:playball:

My friend told me a story which cracked me up a while ago. Apparently she's known for not noticing too much when she's driving, but her husband see's everything. One of those "did you see that thingy over there", "no, and you're driving to, watch the road" people.
    Well, they went away and she was driving and he kept comenting on the rabbits which were all over the place but she couldn't see them. That night he took her out along an unlit road. Now and then he'd ask "can you see that rabbit?" "no" she'd say. And then a large *ka-bump* would follow. It went on for ages. "no" *ka-bump*. Ok, ok, it's cruel. But the way she said it cracked me up. :mrgreen:

6. photong

photong Typo Queen

Photos NOT OK to edit
    "tyres" eh? You're weird.

They're pesky. We call our street
    squirrels because they usually are missing fur. they do like to wait until last minute before jumping out of the way of a car. I almost saw one get hit the last week :( Damn thing didn't know which direction to run. When I ran out of the way, it tried to jump back the other way almost hitting the car tire and getting run over again. Damn thing waste two cat lives right there.

7. Xmetal

Xmetal TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Cane toads are fun!! You can put a cigarette in their mouth and prick holes in them to let the smoke out! :lol:

You can also play golf with them aswell. :lol:

8. Meysha

Meysha still being picky Vicky

Photos NOT OK to edit
    that is so cruel! We used to pour salt and pepper and chilli on them and watch them burn. (hmm ok maybe that's a bit cruel too.)
    Then we'd put them in the freezer or fridge in a plastic bag and watch our parents freak out when they opened the doors.

Yeah they're great for golf,,,, but you gotta be careful of the spray! *ewww!*

9. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

Why don't you just put them to your lips and blow?

*pop*

10. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    ugh. :shock: You people need to find other toys. :puke: Preferably inanimate objects.

11. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

No squirrels today. Just a stupid woman pulling out of a doctor's surgery looking over her left shoulder whilst going forward. If she was going a tiny bit faster she would have had my back wheel. Nice how she smiled and waved to say sorry afterwards...