sRGB or Adobe RGB?

Eyetattoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Which do you shoot in? Does it make a difference either way?

sRGB, just because I've read it's easier to work with unless you're doing your own printing.

... or something.

srgb ~ I use mpix pro for my prints and this is the space they use.

My Proffesor shoots in RGB and advised us to shoot in the same mode. Hes shot a certain 3 girls that live in a big house with an old man. Wink wink. So i trust him. I also have it on good authority from my other instructor who has a master in Printing or something to that extent and she calls sRGB S*it RGB so yea. The way they exlained it to me is that its like sRGB is like having the standard 8 color box of crayons and RGB is like having the big 64 color box of crayons. When it comes to color in your shots So yea.

I shoot raw too. I srgb and print with smugmug. I would say stick with srgb until you learn something bout color management. I was in the same boat when I started out shooting and read lots of things on the net bout both. Plus srgb is the standard color profile for showing online work. Hope that helps ya.

P.S. Pick a book up from your local library called "Adobe Camera Raw for Digital Photographers Only" You'll learn a lot bout using raw, and color management from that book. I read it and its worth it. Get it from your library.

I shoot raw too. I srgb and print with smugmug. I would say stick with srgb until you learn something bout color management. I was in the same boat when I started out shooting and read lots of things on the net bout both. Plus srgb is the standard color profile for showing online work. Hope that helps ya.

P.S. Pick a book up from your local library called "Adobe Camera Raw for Digital Photographers Only" You'll learn a lot bout using raw, and color management from that book. I read it and its worth it. Get it from your library.
Thanks for the tip, ill pick it up this weekend.

My Proffesor shoots in RGB and advised us to shoot in the same mode. Hes shot a certain 3 girls that live in a big house with an old man. Wink wink. So i trust him. I also have it on good authority from my other instructor who has a master in Printing or something to that extent and she calls sRGB S*it RGB so yea. The way they exlained it to me is that its like sRGB is like having the standard 8 color box of crayons and RGB is like having the big 64 color box of crayons. When it comes to color in your shots So yea.

Hugh Hefner? Seriously?

Hope you have hip boots on, because the stuff they are shoveling is the very runny kind. :lol: There are no absolutes.

If it's going to display on the web it needs to be sRGB, the defacto world web standard. If it's going to print, it needs to be in the color space that the printer uses, pro or at home.

I don't think you know what your talking about.

And BTW, there is not masters in printing.

Hugh Hefner? Seriously?

Yes seriously.

I don't think you know what your talking about.

And BTW, there is not masters in printing.

thats y i said "or something to that extent" smartass.

Most reactions

Back