ghache

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
which one do you use?

sRGB. Why do you ask?

Adobe RGB.

Why? Well pretty much because Bryan Peterson told me to in order to get the best color reproduction in prints.
For strictly Internet/computer use, sRGB would best suit you.

which one do you use?
Use for what?

As far as images for the web, it depends if the viewer of the image has a web browser that has color management or not, but sRGB is always a safe bet.

On your own computer, it depends which appl;ication you're using to view the image.

If it's for print it depends what the printer requires. An online consumer print lab like Mpix wants JPEGs in the sRGB color space, but they will accept TIFFs in the sRGB color space too.

I capture images as RAW data files and in ACR and Photoshop I use AdobeRGB and then convert to the appropriate color space for output.

Lightroom uses ProPhotoRGB so exporting out of Lightroom needs some thought.

Adobe RGB.

Why? Well pretty much because Bryan Peterson told me to in order to get the best color reproduction in prints.
For strictly Internet/computer use, sRGB would best suit you.

This depends on who does your printing. If you do your own and you set up your workflow for it, Adobe RGB is fine. I've found that most online printers want sRGB. If that is the case and you submit Adobe RGB files, they won't look right.

Allright, if i use lightroom to do some editing on my photo, i need to covert it to sRGB when i export it so when i get those shots printed colors is going to match.

i did some print the other day and color were i bit off, this is why i am asking what you guys use normaly.

seem like i will be using sRGB and make sure to convert it to srgb before sending anything to the print lab

Last edited:
You just have to watch the greens and the blues when converting between color spaces.

In order of largest to smallest color space: ProPhotoRGB, AdobeRGB and sRGB:

Color space - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The following image is from Wikipedia Commons

64px-Green_copyright.svg.png
The copyright holder of this file allows anyone to use it for any purpose, provided that the copyright holder is properly attributed. Redistribution, derivative work, commercial use, and all other use is permitted.
Image created by Jeff Schewe

584px-Colorspace-1.png

Most reactions

Back