SSD Anyone?

YIKES!!!! That is one expensive drive!

I bet it'd back up my archive of cat pics in, oh... 0.000003 second!!!

That's an enterprise solution probably for medium size companies. They will probably use it as a host for multiple virtual machines on 1 single storage unit, or data drive for other hosts.

Low production/niche product = uber expensive. Pretty much any computer device that is specifically optimized for server use seems to have a markup of 9999%

If this was a consumer product, it would probably be, at most, $10,000 lol

Low production/niche product = uber expensive. Pretty much any computer device that is specifically optimized for server use seems to have a markup of 9999%

If this was a consumer product, it would probably be, at most, $10,000 lol

It think the expensive part is the support for it, speed of replacement and availability of parts. Also, there are 24/7 monitoring and migration services and all that good stuff that us normal folks don't use. :D

Sign me up for two of them. What sold me is the 5 year warranty.
But really I want the helium filled drive. Woohoo!
6TB HGST 0F18335 HUS726060ALA640 - SATA... Acmemicro
Here you go, I pre ordered them for you. Details below......

My Shopping Cart
Product Product Code Unit Price Quantity Sub Total
6TB HGST 0F18335 / HUS726060ALA640 - SATA HDD 6TB Ultrastar He6 Enterprise SATA 6.0 Gb/s 7200rpm 64MB 3.5-in Bulk
HGST_6TB_HDD_0F18335.jpg

Product Code - Unit Price - Quantity - Sub Total

HD-HI-0F18335 - $459.99 - 99 - $45,539.01

I figured you wanted a spare or two so you should now be set. Please send credit card information and I will finish your order for you. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

The best part about the Helium drive though is when they die you can suck the gas out, and do the munchkin voice.

Maybe if they put in enough helium the whole thing would float above you desk.

Most reactions

Back