St. Gothard Pass

Jzero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
ronunna.googlepages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
St. Gothard Pass, Switzerland. The pass, 6935 ft (2114 m) high, was first extensively used in the 11th century, it joins northern Switzerland to Italy and ... (etc.)

StGotthardPass.jpg

I would love to see the color version of this photo any chance you could post that too?

I dont know I kind of like the color version I think it needs a black border to draw your attention inwards.

Well, you've got a 'done up' black and white version and what looks like a stright forward color version. If you made the color verison as gritty as the B&W one, and brought up the saturation to bring out the color of the buildings, I think it could be a little better and a little less vintage looking (not a bad thing).

for me, B/W makes it...
the color balance b/w snow, road n roof makes the snap more interesting...

This is important feedback for me, so thank you one and all. I have only recently become aware of the 'dramatic impact' (if one can call it that) of B&W photographs. It seems that one can take the most banal color picture and convert it into something quite 'striking' through the simple process of B&W conversion compounded by a bit of muddling around with sharpness settings and so forth for added affect. Since I don't really know what I'm doing when I change settings, the results are totally random (I should keep written records but I just couldn't be bothered)...

J

Jzero said:
St. Gothard Pass, Switzerland. The pass, 6935 ft (2114 m) high, was first extensively used in the 11th century, it joins northern Switzerland to Italy and ... (etc.)[/quote]

Without loking at a map its Northen Italy that joins Southern and Eastern Switzerland.......however, I may be wrong.

Nice shot nevertheless.

acsonpg said:
Jzero said:
St. Gothard Pass, Switzerland. The pass, 6935 ft (2114 m) high, was first extensively used in the 11th century, it joins northern Switzerland to Italy and ... (etc.)[/quote]

Without loking at a map its Northen Italy that joins Southern and Eastern Switzerland.......however, I may be wrong.

Nice shot nevertheless.

I got this information of Wikipedia so it should be reasonably accurate, although what you say makes sense so I will look it up on a map. Hold on a moment please.... yes! you are quite right. South-Eastern Switzerland to Northern Italy.

So much for the credibility of Wikipedia....!

J

Most reactions

New Topics

Back