GacAttack

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C, please. Thanks!

Title: Earthen Castle

GAC_Night_Shots_CRW_8794_Edit_2.jpg

Sorry about all the (c) info. Couple layers of automatic (c)'ing at work here.

the trees on either side of the picture are distracting and the cathedral seems to be leaning towards one side... it's possible it's straight, but it feels weighted to the left. (which is odd since the larger portion is on the right)

the exposure seems to be good, however it appears you also have a lot of barrel distortion on the bottom of the image... the street lamps are clearly leaning towards the building, as is the traffic light on the opposite side.

the tree in the center even is a bit distrcacting to me in regards to it's centered placement within the building framing. It's a lovely shaped tree... but, I'd consider pulling back further and using more zoom in order to deminish the tree or perhaps a different angle to minimize it's distracting nature.

Pretty conditions and lighting, but there is no bottom to the shot! I would have looked to position myself more to the right, vertical format and eliminated the tree branches. Most importantly, I'd have tried to show some of God's good earth there. Tilting the camera down a bit would have caught it and helped to eliminate some of the distortion.

I would have loved to show a nice run-up of grass of something earthy, but unfortunately, there is only road. And a vertical format would have been preferred, but I couldn't retreat anymore (steep hill) and don't ave a wider lens. Thanks for the C&C.

Looks like wide angle lens distortion!

skieur

the trees on either side of the picture are distracting and the cathedral seems to be leaning towards one side... it's possible it's straight, but it feels weighted to the left. (which is odd since the larger portion is on the right)

the exposure seems to be good, however it appears you also have a lot of barrel distortion on the bottom of the image... the street lamps are clearly leaning towards the building, as is the traffic light on the opposite side.

the tree in the center even is a bit distrcacting to me in regards to it's centered placement within the building framing. It's a lovely shaped tree... but, I'd consider pulling back further and using more zoom in order to deminish the tree or perhaps a different angle to minimize it's distracting nature.

the tree in the center bugged me to. although, i feel as if it was weighted to the right, not the left. exposure was good. could you get on a nearby building to get a different angle? btw, red streetlight drew my attention.

I agree about the trees on the right side. Take them out maybe, or crop them out.
Also, when submitting for critique, never use Proof/Studio info. It takes away from the photo and serves no purpose. You info should be metataged and copyrited before ever putting it online. A person that has any knowledge of photoshop could clone it out in less than ten minutes.
Now for the good news......I like the shot, provided it's cropped. The colors are very nice and the photo is interesting.
0-10, I'd give it an 8 (with a crop)
Thanks for sharing this with us.
Hugs,
Cindy

Angle, distortion, and lighting are the main problems. The lights and the building should not be leaning in, there should not be negative black areas in the middle of the image and you should have more of the bottom of the cathedral.

skieur

Most reactions

Back