St. Peter Courthouse

timberwolf5480

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was older pic I took a few years ago, I applied sepia toning to it. Please C&C! Original camera was a Kodak 2MP easyshare.....

Courthouse.jpg

Thanks.

The sepia tone doesn't really work for this picture. While it looks to be exposed properly, the tone seems to kill the detail on the architectural features of the building and doesn't really add anything to the photo. Also, I was wondering if there was a specific reason the top and bottom of the building are not in the frame. Was it cropped this way or did it come out of the camera like that? Looks like you needed to step back a little farther :)

Matt

I agree with what everyone has already said about the sepia tone; perhaps a more subtle sepia or just B&W would work better. However there are other more important issues with this photo other than what tone to use on it:

1. The top of the steeple is cut off.

2. The bottom part of the doorway\building is cut off

3. Major tilt going on here which adds nothing at all to the photo.

4. The flag pole in the foreground cuts through the right portion of the building.

5. The radio tower on the right side of the building is a distraction.

I'm sorry, and I'm not usualy quite so blunt, but I believe that this shot is beyond repair - color, sepia or B&W.

I agree with what everyone has already said about the sepia tone; perhaps a more subtle sepia or just B&W would work better. However there are other more important issues with this photo other than what tone to use on it:

1. The top of the steeple is cut off.

2. The bottom part of the doorway\building is cut off

3. Major tilt going on here which adds nothing at all to the photo.

4. The flag pole in the foreground cuts through the right portion of the building.

5. The radio tower on the right side of the building is a distraction.

I'm sorry, and I'm not usualy quite so blunt, but I believe that this shot is beyond repair - color, sepia or B&W.
I agree; I was going to post the same points.

agree across the board.

Well, its not totally in frame because I happened to be in a passenger seat whizzing by at 40 MPH, but here is the original color version just because someone asked....

100_1600.jpg

Thanks for the critique, I'll probably throw it in the "pixel black hole" where no pixel ever returns.....

Colour version looks better IMO, but as has been said the cutting off of top and bottom really ruins the picture.

Yes color works better.

Most reactions

Back