Stacey

russrom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Virginia Beach Va.; Jacksonville Fl.; Fallon Nv.
Website
www.ddpva.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok so the good news is She knew how to work the camera and she is also attractive, Both good qualities for a someone getting started in the portrait world! Anyway, Here is my latest Victim.

157.jpg

153.jpg

103.jpg

96.jpg

78.jpg

66.jpg

36.jpg

28.jpg

5.jpg

Let me know what you think and any tips would be much appreciated!

Ron, your light is WAY too harsh. Took me a while to work out what was wrong, but it's the harshness. Move the lights back or drop their stop values.

I definitely agree, the lighting is creating some undesired shadows and glare on the model's face. #5 & 2 would be improved with some additional light on her face. Great attempts and she does look very comfortable in front of the camera!

It depends on how you define "harsh". Moving the light back will fix the issue of light difference (parts close to the light are stronger lit than those further away), but it makes the light source effectively smaller, which makes the light less diffuse. I think the optimum would be to move the light back; use a diffuser, like an umbrella, softbox, or even a bedsheet; and then to boost it's power to make up for the distance and diffusion.

I think having her stand further away from the background would help. It would throw it out of focus compared to her, and more importantly, prevent the shadows from showing up on it.

I think having her facing away from the light, like in #5, is less effective than into. It works well in #4 though, as much of her face is lit.

I like the camera level in #1. In #3, the low level combined with the slightly wide lens doesn't work well for me. I think a longer lens overall would help most of these.

I think several of these could use some work with levels/curves. Dark skin can be tricky to light well and have it show good definition without shiny highlights. Having backgrounds a little more distinct from the clothing and skin tone would help bring her out more.

I don't mean to be picky, and these aren't things I think you have to do, but options to consider. I think you are on the right track.

Thanks for making them OTE. Here's a quick edit:

157-mod.jpg

I wanted to try a different crop, but couldn't find anything I liked. With the wider angle, her shoulder seems to be coming out too close to the camera, and a crop emphasized this. I threw a small black border on just so that the image would separate better from the forum background.

I personally dont like the background color, at least not with her skin tone. They seem to similar and I feel as though she kinda blends in. The above edit definatley makes the model stand out more.
And the very last one, with the blue background, I like it much better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back