Stag

Jeff Canes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been trying to get a nice shot of one of my Dad’s Staghorn Ferns for a while, I like how these can out

953822Blue-1small.jpg

953823Blue-2small.jpg

Info:
EOS-1
Sigma 20-40 f2.8
Kodak Portra 400UC
Scanned by lab
Converted to B&W in Corel Photo with the RGB Split Channel command – Blue

And in Living Color
95391092040034smal.jpg

95390592040031small.jpg

c0ntr0lz said:
i love the 2nd one B&W i like the texture it creates the 1st is a bit confusing to the eyes

I agree... however the B&W on the second one seems a little dark. I don't see a full white.

Nice pictures, Jeff. The first one in B&W and in color are my favorite of the group. Your B&W are a little underexposed in my opinion but still nice. They do have really good texture to them which is a plus. The first one also has a nice composition. I like the way it almost looks like an explosion. It gives it a sense of excitement/action to the picture.

Darn you, Harpper you are taking the words out me mouth! ;)

I love the crazy the 'explosion' of leaves in the first. I prefer the B&W to the colour, but I would be neutral about that statement if the greens where even more saturated. I would try the 'diffuse glow' filter on the first in b&w to see what happens - i think the results would be cool in this shot.

2nd was great, i agree lovely textures. both shots are super :thumbsup:

I can't remember Jeff, did you say you had photoshop? :scratch:

You won't hear me saying this very much, but (deep breath) I like the first shot better in color. I think I have better comprehension of the plant with the colors there. But the second one works better for me as a B&W, if as nothing else a cool abstract. Love it!! "diffuse glow filter", Mark? :scratch: Interesting. You crazy ps'er, you. :wink:

vonnagy said:
Darn you, Harpper you are taking the words out me mouth! ;)
Lol. You are just getting slow in your old age, my friend. I mean 1244 post...that's just old. :wink: I beat you to the punch on this one, but I'm sure you'll get the next one...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back