mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
park_037.jpg

another hour spent in the park
comments welcome :)

it's a clean shot, but i don't find the stairs or trees surrounding them to be that interesting. i've enjoyed a lot of your other recent snow photos, but this one misses the mark for me. can't win them all ;)

i think it might be more interesting if there was something colorful on the stairs... either an animal or a person or something... it's got a very monotone feel to it

Was this one taken back in Poland then? No longer Czech Republic with their 2 metres of snow? And hey, lucky you: you had the sun out when you went to the park. I don't know what the sun is any longer... All my park pics therefore automatically turn out colourless and drab, unless I find a red house reflecting in a lake with a bush with red branches in the foreground (;) - Mentos will know what I am talking about ;))

Oh, P.S., I'm just realising that I did not critique anything about this photo, just commented it as if it were in the General Gallery. Do you mind?

I like the play of the horizontal lines of the steps, but your angle pulls them off level as the eye travels up the steps.

Also, the leaves on the tree/bush on the left take away from the starkness of the image IMHO.

I searched your name and saw some of your other images that I like much better than this one. :thumbup:

I too, am jealous of the snow!! Texas rarely gets any measurable frozen precip.

i think i found something that would interest me in this shot: if you pan down further, the play of the horizontal lines on the steps would match well with the horizontal lines of the crosswalk. they're both so blah in color, it's almost like they're the same thing.

perhaps a really tight shot that only captured the snow covered stairs and the crosswalk, shot as landscape?

also the picture seems slightly tilted... or is that just the stairs?

thanks for critiques... I'll improve next time :)
LaFoto that shot was taken in Stettin - Poland. Yeah I had great weather :) But the Sun appeared only for an hour :(

Snow's great but there's just a little of that;) Now in Gdansk, Poland we have above 1 meter of snow and it is still snowing...:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back