Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've seen professional pictures (like senior pictures and stuff like that) stamped with the photographers logo or something on the back of it...I was wanting to do the same thing, as a way of advertising...but I was wondering...is there a certain type of ink I need??? I already bought a stamp holder, that comes with an order form that I send off to get the stamp personalized to whatever I want it to say, but I got to thinking...I'd better make sure it won't harm the photo.

There are many kinds of archival ink pads available. Look in the scrap book dept. of your local hobby/arts store. I bought some stuff that works great on porous papers such as FB, but had to get some different stuff for coated papers such as RC.

core_17 said:
The one I got has the ink already in the stamp, so you don't have to use an ink pad.

I have a similar stamp, but I've found it doesn't work well on coated papers. It depends on what kind of ink it's loaded with. Now I get stamps that require an ink pad so I can use different inks. With the fiber paper everything sticks and dries really nice very quickly. When I tried to stamp resin coated paper it wasn't dry 24 hours later, and it smudged around. But there are archival inks that dry without soaking in.

Hmmm...ok...I'll just have to see how this one works then (since I already bought it anyway)...and if it doesn't work, I'll do it your way.

Oh yeah..and thanks! :)

Yeah, I bought the self inking stamp first too. But yours may have the all-purpose ink in it.

I have one for identification purposes (my name, title, date shot, date printed, website, phone # ), and one for proofs (copyright statement).

Most reactions

Back