'Stang GT/CS

Do'Urden's Eyes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was my first time doing a shoot with a car. Getting the positioning right on the car w/o an assistant is hard. I'm not entirely satisfied with this but it was a half assed attempt anyways. Any tips and comments on locale and car positioning will be greatly appreciated.. Thanks

STANG.jpg

Thanks

The exposure looks spot on, good job. While I haven't really shot any cars, I think if you are shooting a black car at night you need a lighter background behing the entire car for some contrast. If the car had been moved forward a little so all of it was in front of the fence, one could see the full profile. As it is, you can't see the roof line and the back of the car just disappears after the B-pillar.

Yeah thats definitely something i didn't have my eyes on while setting up... Thanks for commenting you crazy dad.

The exposure looks spot on, good job. While I haven't really shot any cars, I think if you are shooting a black car at night you need a lighter background behing the entire car for some contrast. If the car had been moved forward a little so all of it was in front of the fence, one could see the full profile. As it is, you can't see the roof line and the back of the car just disappears after the B-pillar.

...It dissapeares somewhere behind the A pillar and the B-pillar makes a suprise appearence out of nowhere.

I definately would have chosen a lifhter aria for this one as well. the chainlink fencing there would have brought out more of the vehicle, but it's not exactly what I would choose for the BG for this car. She is more suited to daylight appearances.

i agree some what there Battou but shes as dirty as a dog and would look awful in day light... I knew the darkness would mask the film of grime. Im thinking of going back to the same location placing it completely against the fence section of the building..

i agree some what there Battou but shes as dirty as a dog and would look awful in day light... I knew the darkness would mask the film of grime. Im thinking of going back to the same location placing it completely against the fence section of the building..

Oh I so know the feeling :lmao: Can't tell you how many cars I have wanted to and some I even did photograph that where more dirt than car. Just look at that bumper and just think, I cloned out most of the shit on the machine, I was so sick of cloning I didn't bother removing myself or that irritating little bush.

Nice car in an interesting environment, but the techincal aspects need a little help. Your going to need to drag some lights out there or shoot at dusk...it's just too dark to get anything usable. WB is way off, don't know if that was intentional but i don't think it works. Probably want to shoot at a smaller aperture, in the 5-6 range. Hope that helps.

Nice car in an interesting environment, but the techincal aspects need a little help. Your going to need to drag some lights out there or shoot at dusk...it's just too dark to get anything usable. WB is way off, don't know if that was intentional but i don't think it works. Probably want to shoot at a smaller aperture, in the 5-6 range. Hope that helps.

White balance is actually fine i just added that green colour cast for the background. And if youre referring to the headlamps i also tweaked the colour on those a bit. As for the aperture i did use an even smaller one (F11) you can tell by the starpoints in some of the highlights.

I love the shot and agree on the exposure, but I wish I can see the lines more on the car atleast. It does however look blended in with the dark, but showing the lines more of the car, or having a spot with more lighting or flash set up would have been a little nicer in my opinion. Great job though, what kind of tri-pod do you have?

This photo is way underexposed for my tastes. You've lost all detail in the body of the car and can't see any of the body lines down the side due to the underexposure. Whether you meant for the green cast or not.....it isn't too pleasing to the eye...mainly because the wheels now have a green tint and the door pillar has a green stripe on it now.

shooting at dusk / dawn would have help in the exposure. I have a black car and I try to never shoot it when its dark out, unless I have help from maybe the moon light or street lamp. A good place to shoot cars though is a parking garage.

I love the shot and agree on the exposure, but I wish I can see the lines more on the car atleast. It does however look blended in with the dark, but showing the lines more of the car, or having a spot with more lighting or flash set up would have been a little nicer in my opinion. Great job though, what kind of tri-pod do you have?

I have a Manfrotto 190X PROB. Thanks for the comments guys. Like i said the green colour cast was intentional and i still think it goes nicely with the shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back