Star shots

TCampbell... I know this is an older post but You mentioned the Sharpstar2. Do you have one? Do you like it and does it help quite a bit? Ive been thinking about getting one but wanted to get input from someone that has one or has used one before I buy it. Anyone on here use it before?
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi there, I've been struggling with several attempts to do some night photography - working with my Sony A6, I took a number of shots of the starry sky this past weekend using a number of different settings, and while I did get results, unfortunately the stars were not crisp, but rather each was a little bit of a blob (looked more like raindrops on a dark window rather than sharp starpoints) - the shots were taken via a tripod on a timer, so motion was not the problem. Wondering what I may need to do in future to correct this?

Thanks for any advice!

I would definitely check the max ISO on your camera and try different ISO settings. Most of the newer cameras offer very high ISO but you have to be careful due to the high level of noise it can create in an image.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back