Star Thistle

Discussion in 'Nature & Wildlife' started by King Mango, Jun 16, 2008.

1. King Mango

King Mango TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Trying to work on my composition... In this instance specifically I was concentrating on framing. (and trying not to get punctured lying on the ground looking up at this bloom only about two feet off the ground.)

[​IMG]

2. Crosby

Crosby TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I'm still new to photography so my opinion may not be worth much...

I think with the size of the subject and the lack of different color or interesting pattern in the background, the subject should be in the center.

Other than that, I think it is a great picture.

3. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    While I'm not a big fan of centering the subject of an image as a general rule, there is a lot of dead space around the image which doesn't contribute and could be cropped. I would guess that you were concentrating on the rule of thirds? Remember, rules are made to be broken! ;)

4. King Mango

King Mango TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I was thinking pretty hard on the rule of thirds when I cropped it, but not when I shot it :D
    Crosby that's a new one to me thank you. I will try and assimilate that observation. :beer:

I did crop a bit, but not much. Maybe enough to get it centered. I can't remember. I'll try it. There's still some space to the left which I would have liked to keep but for some reason when I gave the trees less space it was bothering me.