Star Trails

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This was my first ever attempt at doing star trails. I went out for the meteor shower last night to a location with no lights...clouds were everywhere. So I came back home and set up in the backyard, even though everything I read says not too...but it worked. Not the best shot ever, but I was happy for my first time. More meteor showers tonight for those interested in trying to catch them!

IMG_4328-copy.jpg

ive been meaning to do star trails for a while, what was your exposure on this shot?

Very cool Amanda. :thumbup: You did a great job. Ive got that on my list of things to try....

Thanks guys :) I used a bulb exposure w/cable release and tripod at f/4...this shot ended up being about 25 mins...did a few at 10 mins, and 15, but they didn't have as much movement in them...

great capture amanda! i've been meaning to take one of those for a while now, but the sky is rarely that clear around here.

There's something special about taking your first star trails! So much work & time and a sense of acheivement with the result!:D

I have found a new webpage for processing these images without loosing any data if anyone wants to have a look? http://www.astropix.com/HTML/J_DIGIT/DIGTECHS.HTM

Good luck with the Meteors tonight Amanda! :hugs: (Feeling all awed out now!:blushing: )

Thanks so so much everyone :) I appreciate all the kind comments and tips!

Airic, if you try in your backyard you can set it up and go back in the house, watch the tv...and go back when you're done :)

Jon, I'll give that a shot tonight! Thanks much!

Thanks Plastic for the link and the kind words :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back