star trails!!!

afoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i haven't had a chance to shoot star trails in over a year.

if you can believe it, i almost didn't bother taking this last night because i looked out the window and saw some clouds on the horizon.

how sad would that have been, i think the clouds actually add a really cool dimension to the photo.

unfortunately, i hurt my ankle on friday and wasn't actually able to venture down and take the shot from the beach, maybe next time!

my one sadness is that i didn't shift the camera a little over to the right so the north star wasn't so close to the side of the image.

d700
16-35mm
30 minute exposure

c&c always welcome. if there are any other star trail shooters out there i'd love any tips and ticks you've picked up as this is still a relatively challenge thing for me to shoot.

startrails by hippy_henna, on Flickr

Beautiful photo.

amazing! Not to distract from you beautiful picture, but I wanted to ask a general question; are remote controls for nikons easy to find?? I'm going to the states next week and I was thinking of getting one..

amazing! Not to distract from you beautiful picture, but I wanted to ask a general question; are remote controls for nikons easy to find?? I'm going to the states next week and I was thinking of getting one..

hey yerlem, i actually ordered mine off ebay from somewhere in japan for like $2.... hahahah it works amazing! but i think you can buy nice nikon ones from any camera shop as well for like... $90?

Wow yeah that would of been a real shame if you didnt setup that shot.

(holy s*** that's a big price difference...well, at least I know I can get one at regular camera shops :) thanks, I'll quit hijacking your thread now)

I like it. I've been wanting to shoot some star trails for a while now, just haven't gotten around to it.

That is absolutely gorgeous <3 The colors make me smile :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back