Star Wars: The Clone Wars "2008"

lextalionis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.motleypixel.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Our Cub Scout Pack slept over night at the Houston Space Center this past weekend. In short, we all had a blast :mrgreen:

There was a Star Wars: Clone Wars "2008" exhibit, so here are some of the shots of the exhibit. Most were taken hand-held in low ambient light using my Canon 30D and a Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM lens

1. This is an actual photo taken of a poster painting at the exhibit. This poster did not have any artist name nor signature anywhere. Also, all types of photography, including flash photography was permitted. This was a hand-held shot with no flash. ISO 400, 1/4 sec, 31mm, f/4
3093925305_505ea530e1_b.jpg

2. Ahsoka Tano Life-size model. ISO 100, .04 sec, 45mm, f/3.2
3094767140_11a369fbaf_b.jpg

3. Obi-Wan Kenobi Life-size model. ISO 125, .025 sec, 50mm, f/3.2
3093927287_d70bd26910_b.jpg

4. Obi-Wan Kenobi's Delta-7B Aethersprite-class light interceptor Life-Size model, used in the filming of Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones. ISO 200, .01 sec, 28mm, f/4
3093928549_0bd5f34451_b.jpg

5. Anakin Skywalker Life-Size model. ISO 125, .067 sec, 46mm, f/3.2
3093929369_350219c4b8_b.jpg

6. Captain Rex Life-size model ISO 125, .077 sec, 46mm, f/3.2
3094770672_ed7e6e5422_b.jpg

Thanks for looking.
-Roy

Last edited:
i like number 2 and 3 the best i really like the lighting

They're nice, but if I was the artist, I sure wouldn't be thrilled about you copying my work and then posting it onto a forum. It's not fair use or public domain. :(

They're nice, but if I was the artist, I sure wouldn't be thrilled about you copying my work and then posting it onto a forum. It's not fair use or public domain. :(

I honestly don't think it's any original-type work; in fact, I don't think it was a "real" painting, but the setup sure made it look so. I guess I shouldh't have said painting. There were no signs or non-permits of photography anywhere to be found. I took the photo, so I have the right to post it.

I've updated the OP photo #1 to read:

"This is an actual photo taken of a poster painting at the exhibit. This poster did not have any artist name nor signature anywhere. Also, all types of photography, including flash photography was permitted." Of course, I didn't use flash.

-Roy

Last edited:
Regardless of the indication of copyright or not, all work is copyrighted and if you specifically didn't produce the work, or don't have a legal justification such as fair use (which is almost exclusively for academic purposes now), public domain (under current law, that means 90 years AFTER the creator dies. The Bono law extended earlier copyright versions to make earlier works extend to this same time period), then you shouldn't be reproducing others work without their permission.

I'm not trying to bust on you personally, but it's amazing how often I've found my own work on someone's web site. Artists and photographers, musicians, authors, software developers and others make their living by selling the rights to their work and rely on this to pay their bills and earn their living. It also gives them the opportunity to make more work instead of slinging hash at Denny's at 3:30 in the morning because people disregard their copyright.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back