Starlings in the Snow

ShoeBacca

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This afternoon through our patio windows with my 55-200.

I need all the C&C I can get, so please critique away without fear of offending me! :)

1. Retreating the cold
DSC_0990.jpg

2. Collared Dove inspecting a twig
DSC_1027.jpg

3. Unimpressed
DSC_0966.jpg

4. I'm cold!
DSC_0992.jpg

5. Braving the winter
DSC_1036.jpg

Again, any C&C you want to give, please do so as I am still very much a beginner. Many thanks!

C.

*bump* :p

I'd really appreciate any C&C, I know I have a lot to learn, but I can't learn if I'm not critiqued! Thank you :)

C.

I'd like to suggest that you may be able to strengthen these with simplicity. I really like the last shot. You could cut some of the distraction from the bird by cropping the top of the photo out so all you have is a nice and simple snow background. The big dark splotch is a little distracting but there's really nothing you can do without cutting out the nice space in front of the bird. I guess you could clone it out.

Kinda the same thing with the first shot. I'd try giving the bird a purely concrete background with a crop and just go ahead and center it also.

I like the third one! Although, a different perspective that gives more room between the two birds would be better. The beak of the bird that is out of focus is a merger with your main subject.

This must have been a nightmare to meter!

I think the last one is the best of this series... I disagree with robitussin, I think that you shouldn't crop it, the falling snow is what makes the shot... Although it might look nice with a square crop... instead of cropping the top off, crop some of the middle snow out.

Most reactions

Back