Starlings in the Snow

Discussion in 'Nature & Wildlife' started by ShoeBacca, Apr 6, 2008.

1. ShoeBacca

ShoeBacca TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    This afternoon through our patio windows with my 55-200.

I need all the C&C I can get, so please critique away without fear of offending me! :)

1. Retreating the cold
    [​IMG]

2. Collared Dove inspecting a twig
    [​IMG]

3. Unimpressed
    [​IMG]

4. I'm cold!
    [​IMG]

5. Braving the winter
    [​IMG]

Again, any C&C you want to give, please do so as I am still very much a beginner. Many thanks!

C.

2. ShoeBacca

ShoeBacca TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    *bump* :p

I'd really appreciate any C&C, I know I have a lot to learn, but I can't learn if I'm not critiqued! Thank you :)

C.

3. robitussin217

robitussin217 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I'd like to suggest that you may be able to strengthen these with simplicity. I really like the last shot. You could cut some of the distraction from the bird by cropping the top of the photo out so all you have is a nice and simple snow background. The big dark splotch is a little distracting but there's really nothing you can do without cutting out the nice space in front of the bird. I guess you could clone it out.

Kinda the same thing with the first shot. I'd try giving the bird a purely concrete background with a crop and just go ahead and center it also.

I like the third one! Although, a different perspective that gives more room between the two birds would be better. The beak of the bird that is out of focus is a merger with your main subject.

4. Harmony

Harmony TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    This must have been a nightmare to meter!

I think the last one is the best of this series... I disagree with robitussin, I think that you shouldn't crop it, the falling snow is what makes the shot... Although it might look nice with a square crop... instead of cropping the top off, crop some of the middle snow out.