Start accepting the pro-photographers are not perfect.

Perhaps I should ask someone (demand, rather) to build a house with just a hammer and a hand saw.

Challenge accepted
stock-photo-13479178-portrait-of-an-amish-man.jpg

Have at it.

No ladders. No levels. No tape measures. No squares. No knives. No planers. No string. No transits. No screwdrivers. No pliers. No chisels. No wrenches. No star drills. No bits and braces. No paint brushes. No hacksaws. No shovels. No spades. No rakes. No clamps. No staple guns. No tin snips. No pry bars. No allen wrenches. No pop rivet tools. No pipe cutters. No torches. No scaffolding. No lasers. No chalk lines. No trowels. No sledgehammers.

Just this:

tools_001.jpg

Perhaps I should ask someone (demand, rather) to build a house with just a hammer and a hand saw.

Challenge accepted
stock-photo-13479178-portrait-of-an-amish-man.jpg

Have at it.

No ladders. No levels. No tape measures. No squares. No knives. No planers. No string. No transits. No screwdrivers. No pliers. No chisels. No wrenches. No star drills. No bits and braces. No paint brushes. No hacksaws. No shovels. No spades. No rakes. No clamps. No staple guns. No tin snips. No pry bars. No allen wrenches. No pop rivet tools. No pipe cutters. No torches. No scaffolding. No lasers. No chalk lines. No trowels. No sledgehammers.

Just this:

tools_001.jpg
An igloo would work with just a saw, no hammer. :p

Am I the only one who thinks that maybe just maybe the OP misunderstood what the teacher was asking ?

I can see a teacher telling a student to go out for a day and shoot at ISO 100 as an assignment, maybe just to see if the student understands exposure.

Am I the only one who thinks that maybe just maybe the OP misunderstood what the teacher was asking ?

I can see a teacher telling a student to go out for a day and shoot at ISO 100 as an assignment, maybe just to see if the student understands exposure.

I think it's pretty clear.

........one teacher wants all the students to shoot at iso 100 on all assignments, no exception! .........

The instructor wants them all shot at ISO 100 to make evaluations more evenly matched. Then the instructor can weigh each student's work against the others based on something besides camera quality.

Not intending to be insulting or ANYTHING like that,but I don't think the OP's first language is English either.
Makes him somewhat difficult for me to understand.
(although,i'm from New York and English around here ain't the greatest so maybe I'm mistaken)

........one teacher wants all the students to shoot at iso 100 on all assignments, no exception! .........
Or is it. . . . .. he states in a later post that the teacher who wants only "iso 100" teaches studio photography. I can't think of a reason to use anything but iso 100 in the studio.

I like bread :)

Yes its clear as far as it goes but that is not the full story. In a later post the OP says the teacher teaches studio lighting.
In a studio where you have total control of the lighting levels it is not unreasonable to insist that all students shoot at the same ISO.

Yes its clear as far as it goes but that is not the full story. In a later post the OP says the teacher teaches studio lighting.
In a studio where you have total control of the lighting levels it is not unreasonable to insist that all students shoot at the same ISO.

In studio lighting, it doesn't have to be ISO 100 all the time.

So you must buy 100 ISO film? Analog isn't dead... they still make film.

In a studio you should be able to shoot at iso 100 all the time. You have total control over the light, there's no excuse to need to up the iso. You make it sound like the teacher has you walking all over town shooting at iso 100, then you point out that they want iso 100 in a controlled studio setting. That's a huge difference.

In a studio you should be able to shoot at iso 100 all the time. You have total control over the light, there's no excuse to need to up the iso. You make it sound like the teacher has you walking all over town shooting at iso 100, then you point out that they want iso 100 in a controlled studio setting. That's a huge difference.

There is time I need to increase the DOF, and sometimes the monolight is not powerful enough to get the right exposure. I still have to increase the ISO.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back